Jerseys and shorts for "Plus" sized riders

nathanm

Eats Squid
Do any other ample sized riders struggle to find jerseys and shorts to fit?

Having stacked on a few kilos on top of the too many I already have I can no longer fit into standard sized gear and ended up getting some custom made jerseys from overseas.

Like all imported stuff it's cheaper to get larger quantities made so am toying with the idea of getting some small boutique runs of jerseys and shorts made in the future but just not sure if the market is there for it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahmmmm , you look like a pretty svelte plus size !
I’ve found motocross jerseys are good value - @ $20-$30 bucks , gloves from moto shop .
Shorts buy em in winter - $40 - Fox , TLD with liners .

admittadly the more rotund gentlemen’s sizing - due to all being dentists sell out quickly in the age of ‘E’ .....

nathanm

Eats Squid
yep...I would be keen
I've got 2XL and 3XL jerseys if you're interested in testing one?
Ahmmmm , you look like a pretty svelte plus size !
I’ve found motocross jerseys are good value - @ $20-$30 bucks , gloves from moto shop .
Shorts buy em in winter - $40 - Fox , TLD with liners .

admittadly the more rotund gentlemen’s sizing - due to all being dentists sell out quickly in the age of ‘E’ .....
Thanks mate, currently hitting the scales at 130kgs so we've gone for slimming designs.

Most of the big brands go to 2xl which fit like a roadie jersey. Was going to go for a mofo jersey but most are long sleeve with padded elbows. They're also generally much heavier than the light, breathable ones we've managed to find.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
could try frankdmtb ( NO NOT ME )
https://frankdmtbapparel.com/ he does customs for a pretty reasonable price

also aussie too!

nathanm

Eats Squid
could try frankdmtb ( NO NOT ME )
https://frankdmtbapparel.com/ he does customs for a pretty reasonable price

also aussie too!
did speak to several Australian and US companies and pretty much all will charge you for setup, templates fee's etc and you're looking at over $100 an Jersey.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I've got 2XL and 3XL jerseys if you're interested in testing one?
Thanks mate, currently hitting the scales at 130kgs so we've gone for slimming designs.

Most of the big brands go to 2xl which fit like a roadie jersey. Was going to go for a mofo jersey but most are long sleeve with padded elbows. They're also generally much heavier than the light, breathable ones we've managed to find.
try looking on MXstore.com.au no mofo jerseys, but lots of Moto jerseys :) pretty sure none have padded elbows. Bought a Fly racing jersey from them - lots of mesh at the sides and lower back for ventilation.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
try looking on MXstore.com.au no mofo jerseys, but lots of Moto jerseys :) pretty sure none have padded elbows. Bought a Fly racing jersey from them - lots of mesh at the sides and lower back for ventilation.
I concur. The jersys on there looks identical to mtb stuff and at like 40-80 depending on brand, not a bad way to find out.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I concur. The jersys on there looks identical to mtb stuff and at like 40-80 depending on brand, not a bad way to find out.
two things however. Firstly they're all long sleeve jerseys.

Secondly they're all Moto Jerseys. yes they may be similar to MTB but, with some undue respect, they're moto jerseys. I don't want to be all fly with Thor and his Fox.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
two things however. Firstly they're all long sleeve jerseys.

Secondly they're all Moto Jerseys. yes they may be similar to MTB but, with some undue respect, they're moto jerseys. I don't want to be all fly with Thor and his Fox.
well, it's going to cost you a lot more money. Know also that you will destroy that boutique brand jersey, sooner or later. :)

Royal racing XXL or 3XL if they make it. NFI if in stock anywhere, google search FTW.

nathanm

Eats Squid
well, it's going to cost you a lot more money. Know also that you will destroy that boutique brand jersey, sooner or later. :)

Royal racing XXL or 3XL if they make it. NFI if in stock anywhere, google search FTW.
Like all custom stuff the greater the quantity the lower the price, which will be around the same as most mid range, big brand, retail gear. Cost me around $300 to get 5 custom jerseys made and shipped.
Royal and Oakley used to make some good loose fit xxl stuff but not any more unfortunately.