Jbend spokes: 288mm to 296mm

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Item: Spokes in the size range from 288mm to 296mm. Must be either DT Swiss Revolutions, Sapim Laser, Sapim CXRays or Pillar 1420. I need at least 32 but will buy more if you've got more.
Item Condition: Can be used and bent from being laced but not otherwise damaged (eg. gouges or munted threads).
Price and price conditions: You tell me.
Extra Info: Ideally 288mm but I have a spoke threading machine so can shorten them.

PJO

in me vL comy
I'm about to de-lace a couple of wheels I acquired recently, I'll measure on the weekend.
Might be too short though, going by the manufacturer ERD the lengths should be around 284/286mm...
Can you use longer nips?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Possibly, but its always better to have the spoke thread fully engage with the nipple head.

Even so, I've completely ran out of miscellaneous lightweight spokes, so I could probably use them on something else in the future. What spokes are they?

PJO

in me vL comy
Not sure yet, I only got the wheels yesterday and haven't had a chance to inspect the spoke heads, they do appear to be double butted.

PJO

in me vL comy
Only had time to unlaced the front, what a weird mix of spokes.
DS 13x286mm, 3x289mm all DT Revs
NDS 8x286mm Comps,
1x286mm, 5x288mm, 2x291mm Revs
The long spokes were threaded so far that about 3+ mm was sticking out past the top of the nipple.

Will be interesting to see what is in the rear, the few spokes I measured were Comps though...

Spokes are generally in good condition, bit some have a few nicks out of yhem.
Not sure this is what you're after.

PJO

in me vL comy
Yeah I know, and that was only one wheel. No idea who build a wheel that way!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
what colour?
I had some 296 DT Alpine III's in chrome, can't remember if I sold them or not....will have a scratch around

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Don't care what colour, although I think the Alpines are a pretty heavy/thick spoke. I need some thin spokes to stop the spoke holes in the lightweight rims I use being torn apart.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Don't care what colour, although I think the Alpines are a pretty heavy/thick spoke. I need some thin spokes to stop the spoke holes in the lightweight rims I use being torn apart.
sold them, sorry!
Alpine's are a triple butted spoke, lighter than the Comps, but heavier than Revs..
what gauge spoke are you running?..

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I only use Revs or whatever equivalent I can get from Pillar or Sapim. 1.5mm in the thinnest section. I used supercomps for the drive side on one of my first wheel builds and couldn't tell the difference between the exact same wheel built with Revs all round, so I've just stuck to the Revs or equivalent ever since.

PJO

in me vL comy
sold them, sorry!
Alpine's are a triple butted spoke, lighter than the Comps, but heavier than Revs..
what gauge spoke are you running?..
Are you sure about this? Alpine 3s have a thicker spoke head but otherwise same profile as Comps, they are def. heavier than Comps. Marginally lighter than Champs but not by much.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Are you sure about this? Alpine 3s have a thicker spoke head but otherwise same profile as Comps, they are def. heavier than Comps. Marginally lighter than Champs but not by much.
sorry, I may have been thinking of the Champs not Comps!

Reactions: PJO