Jarred Graves to Specialized?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Did anyone else see troy brosnan's comment on that FB post by curtis keene?
It surely seals the deal I reckon.
Interestingly, both bikes are SRAM spec, no Fox or Shimano from what I can see. That doesn't mean too much though, Gwin got on the Specialized squad and kept his FOX and Shimano gear on it, no reason it can't or won't happen again.
You know what'd be sweet? I'd love to see Graves do the EWS and the downhill world cups. That'd be sweet.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
It surely seals the deal I reckon.
Interestingly, both bikes are SRAM spec, no Fox or Shimano from what I can see. That doesn't mean too much though, Gwin got on the Specialized squad and kept his FOX and Shimano gear on it, no reason it can't or won't happen again.
You know what'd be sweet? I'd love to see Graves do the EWS and the downhill world cups. That'd be sweet.
Well if the rumors of Gwin going to YT have any merit then Troy & Jared could do DH and EWS.

Bikeboy005

Likes Bikes
It's a done deal...!!!!

So Jared confirmed on social media yesterday that he is leaving Yeti after 12 years. Riding my 575 is going to feel really strange. Good luck grubby!!! You are awesome. Just to digress slightly I was told by a staff member at a shop that no longer sells yeti that he would no be moving....told you so and I wonder I'd Ritchie rude is coming out to train in Aust this summer...can wait to see where he is going.

Jockular

Cannon Fodder
Well if the rumors of Gwin going to YT have any merit then Troy & Jared could do DH and EWS.
What are these rumors of Gwin moving? He has just come off his best season yet. It would be fairly silly for him to move when he has a bike set up that works so well!

Will hazard a guess that Jared's going to be sporting the full RS/SRAM package- some big changes on the sponsor front for him by the looks of it. Good on him. Can't wait to see what the next 5yrs has in store for Jared.

Specialized being Specialized, this'll be the best chance they'll have of pulling the "American Dream", Curtis Keene, up into the podiums on the EWS.

JG.jpg
JGenduro.jpg

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Will hazard a guess that Jared's going to be sporting the full RS/SRAM package- some big changes on the sponsor front for him by the looks of it. Good on him. Can't wait to see what the next 5yrs has in store for Jared.

Specialized being Specialized, this'll be the best chance they'll have of pulling the "American Dream", Curtis Keene, up into the podiums on the EWS.

was posted a couple of days ago, but running the Lyrik and Monarch plus.... drool.

moman

Likes Dirt
Placing in a downhill race (again) on an enduro bike which is completely different to his old one....

Great example of how it's the rider who makes the biggest difference not necessarily the weight or brand of components etc.

Something for me to remember also ;)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Pretty cool setup. Run the stock 216x57 shock for 155mm rear and a 160mm fork for Enduro... Or go for a 216x63 shock for 170mm rear and I assume he is running the boxxers at 180mm front for DH. Versatile!
Interesting too how many tokens he was running and the comments about not using all the travel (throwback to hard tail in 4X) I'd imagine if I had a ride on that bike it would feel like a roadie

Placing in a downhill race (again) on an enduro bike which is completely different to his old one....

Great example of how it's the rider who makes the biggest difference not necessarily the weight or brand of components etc.

Something for me to remember also ;)
Yeah first real racing experience on the new bike and taking second against Good riders on DH rigs. I wonder how it might have stacked up against Troy on the demo. (Did he log any timed runs to compare)

will2

Likes Dirt
Interesting too how many tokens he was running and the comments about not using all the travel (throwback to hard tail in 4X) I'd imagine if I had a ride on that bike it would feel like a roadie
A mate of mine bought an SB66c of him back in the day and I used to ride the rig a bit and the way the suspension was set up was incredible. Just as he speaks with the huge ramp up and ever so supple. I'd then go ride someone else's stock SB and the difference was astounding. Felt so many times better on Jared's bike.
If you ever have the chance to buy Suspension of Jared, do it. The tunes are magical.

fallingwater

Likes Bikes
If money was no object.....

A mate of mine bought an SB66c of him back in the day and I used to ride the rig a bit and the way the suspension was set up was incredible. Just as he speaks with the huge ramp up and ever so supple. I'd then go ride someone else's stock SB and the difference was astounding. Felt so many times better on Jared's bike.
If you ever have the chance to buy Suspension of Jared, do it. The tunes are magical.
Probably not too different to what you could get someone like NS Dymanics to achieve if you knew what you wanted.
He obviously has the added advantage of having a suspension tech rebuilding stuff (and a few spare shocks with a few different tunes) to work with.

will2

Likes Dirt
Probably not too different to what you could get someone like NS Dymanics to achieve if you knew what you wanted.
He obviously has the added advantage of having a suspension tech rebuilding stuff (and a few spare shocks with a few different tunes) to work with.
Yeah you could definitely get it if you knew what it was. I'm sure Shaun his mechanic knows what it is/was.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Yeah that PB article mentions he now has blackbox working on his suspension tweaks.... All kinds of goodness we can only dream of!