Is there any burners in Alice Springs?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've been roped into heading up there for work next week, and was hoping to hit the local trails while I was there. I'm crossing my fingers I can get a hire bike at short notice, or I'll have to run around making freewheel noises. And it would be ace if I had someone to show me some trails, but if not I'll also happily just roll around with the maps and hope I don't get too lost.

Anyone been up there?
Got any recommendations?
Am I an idiot for wanting to ride in the evening when it's high 30s?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It's a pity that @Zaf, Zaf'ed himself. He probably could have pointed you in the right direction or you could have even used some of his posts to see what tracks are available.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
SS territoryup there, throw upa reques5 on the ARSA fb page, the thorns are big, avoid west side of town, stay east, departi gfrom nth xide of town

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
SS territoryup there, throw upa reques5 on the ARSA fb page, the thorns are big, avoid west side of town, stay east, departi gfrom nth xide of town
So I should request a SS hire bike? I'm feeling like that wouldn't be a thing

Good to know about east vs West. I'm probably not going to have a lot of time so will probably only to be able to do one or the other

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The Larapinta trails on the West side are great, access them from behind the Scout Hall.

East side Telegraph Station trails are also good.

There is also a trail that will take you to Simpson's Gap.

Carry lots of water, lights and be tracking your ride, it starts to look the same out there and getting lost is really easy.
There's the East and West McDonnell Ranges to help navigate but darkness falls really quickly then you will be in trouble.

mint355

Likes Dirt
I've been roped into heading up there for work next week, and was hoping to hit the local trails while I was there. I'm crossing my fingers I can get a hire bike at short notice, or I'll have to run around making freewheel noises. And it would be ace if I had someone to show me some trails, but if not I'll also happily just roll around with the maps and hope I don't get too lost.

Anyone been up there?
Got any recommendations?
Am I an idiot for wanting to ride in the evening when it's high 30s?

Oops sorry I missed this..... how did you go? If anyone else ever appears in the Alice give me a shout!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk