Is there an alternative to FiveTen Freerider Pro?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I found a pair of these in a box in the garage a few days ago. It turns out I purchased them some time last year and forgot about it. I had a spin around on them Saturday morning then wore them to work. They were need a little stretching, but are otherwise reasonably comfortable. The sole is really grippy. It sticks to the pedals and ground a lot better than expected, and much more so than the Michelin soles Marana that I have.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
How far south? If you are close to Wollongong we have some very not flat trails.
Within an hour of Nowra and Batemans Bay basically - Wollongong sounds worth a visit, although I'm only bringing the Paradox initially. Will have to see what else is about.

I find there's less float with the flat's and shoes, you put your foot on the pedal and it just stays there and it takes a conscious effort to rotate unlike that little bit of twist you get with spds. I can't really comment on how they go jumping and getting air as I'm shit at that.
This is a good point. Will be interesting to see if I feel just as locked in as I do with clips.. until they're locked onto my shins.

Anyway, the shoes have arrived. Quality seems really good, fit is absolutely spot on for my wide-ish feet. Bring on the stitches!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What pedals are you using @Tubbsy?
Can't remember off-hand - something I bought while on a tipsy Friday night whim which didn't look as good an idea when I saw the conversion from USD. They've been sitting in the spares box for a while.

I chose them because they had a wide platform for my thicc feet , I remember that much.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can't remember off-hand - something I bought while on a tipsy Friday night whim which didn't look as good an idea when I saw the conversion from USD. They've been sitting in the spares box for a while.

I chose them because they had a wide platform for my thicc feet , I remember that much.
Wise...wide pedals make a huge difference.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Within an hour of Nowra and Batemans Bay basically - Wollongong sounds worth a visit, although I'm only bringing the Paradox initially. Will have to see what else is about.
Give it a bit, the trails were washed away again over the weekend :( . Paradox will be ok on enough trails to have a good ride.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I found a pair of these in a box in the garage a few days ago. It turns out I purchased them some time last year and forgot about it. I had a spin around on them Saturday morning then wore them to work. They were need a little stretching, but are otherwise reasonably comfortable. The sole is really grippy. It sticks to the pedals and ground a lot better than expected, and much more so than the Michelin soles Marana that I have.

Rode the dirt in these today, a mix of trail and DJ. Grip is excellent, comfort is good enough. Would definitely recommend! The best grip I have had since and old pair of Teva.