Is there a lower stack stem than 31mm?

Scotty675

Cable thief
I just bought a dmr defy stem thinking it would squeeze in. FAIL. Trying to make a Mac ride fit my pivot. Drama being I’m running the 17mm bottom cup to slacken it a little. Is there a shorter stack stem or do I need to go an angle set headset and loose the cup. I need to gain another 4mm.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Syntace Flat Force has a 27mm stack

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
minimum insert of only 22mm, guess that's why its pointing at the ground and not up into the sky
you could use one of these

I have just fitted one to my Circus forks, seems like it might do the trick nicely!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DMR Defy should be 27mm stack height? You won't get much less than that I would think..

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Do you just press into steerer tube?
insert slides into top of the steerer once you FO the star nut, then the insert is held in by the long threaded rod and lower insert at the crown end
threaded rod has a threaded hole to screw the stem top cap into to preload the stem and headset bearings

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I’m game enough to try this. They do have an interesting clamp to steerer system.
I tried to clamp down on my steerer which was too short, and it started to push the steerer walls in on one side!..dont risk it if you don't have enough steerer, unless its Cro-mo or hi ten steel, allow will just fold in and bend as you tighten it more
I tried mine, then wondered why the steering kept coming loose, it was the steerer starting to bend in on the stem!