Is Ride sports still trading?

BENH

Squid
Hey all,

Does anyone know if Ride sports (www.ridesports.com.au) is still trading? i tried the number on their site but it sounds like a construction supply business... no response on FB either.

Thanks

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
They were still around last year when a bunch of us bought formula brakes off them. As I understand there is one guy who runs the bike side. But yes, there is some sort of other company in the background as well.

Could still be on holidays.

BENH

Squid
Well turns out they are still trading but not sure how much longer as email comes from a construction sales type address. Anyway they are no longer selling the Kellys bikes which is not ideal for me as I needed linkage bearings.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Hey all,

Does anyone know if Ride sports (www.ridesports.com.au) is still trading? i tried the number on their site but it sounds like a construction supply business... no response on FB either.

Thanks

Yeah, B Rabbit found the same...

Does anyone know more about the Kellys Theos? Namely, is the importer legit? ridesports anz. Their website isnt overly confidence inspiring, and doesnt even list the bike and when you call you get a mining company or something in the same industrial estate. I have an unanswered email with them atm.

Bike looks awesome, I think the geo could be slightly better, but its pretty much identical to my 21' Enduro.
Probably an unnecessary risk (considering there are other solid ebike options out there) with warranty and I assume lack luster local support, but it looks so damn cool!
View attachment 385360

View attachment 385359

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, they replied to my email too about Kellys bikes stating "Sorry, we wont be bringing anything from Kellys again". Not sure if that means they are dropping just the kellys brand, or if they are stopping trading. Sound more like the former, but getting a construction company when you call up is ....odd.

BENH

Squid
Yes I am not sure but they used to have heaps of random brands etc BMX bikes,ebikes and the like but all seems quiet.

I heard they are basically owned by domino's pizza so maybe the accountants deemed it a futile venture.... interesting to see what happens to Sunn an NS also.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
but getting a construction company when you call up is ....odd.
It isn't that odd...imagine ride sports isn't the owner/s only business venture and perhaps their primary operation is in construction with the bike stuff an after work small business ran from a warehouse or garage somewhere? Maybe the owner/s didn't think it pertinent to have more than one phone number. Yeah sure there are a few simple work arounds that could be used to reduce misunderstandings and boost consumer confidence, but that may have slipped their mind.

I have been in contact with them in past in regards to some NS items and always found them to be swift and professional.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Last time I had an issue with an order I called and got the construction people. Asked about ridesports, and they just advised to use the email instead. info@ridesports I think?
So I emailed, got a quick reply. They handled my issue promptly and were super easy to deal with.

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
G'day everyone,

It's been a minute since I was on here, pretty sure I joined in 2003 when I was 13!. Anyway, I placed an order through Ridesports about 2 weeks ago, maybe a little longer for an NS frame. Received an order confirmation and paid for the frame but haven't been sent a shipping confirmation since. I have sent multiple emails and called multiple times but the calls go to some large messaging service under the name Construction Supply and Service.
The person I speak to tells me that Ridesports is unavailable to speak with and that they will send an urgent message telling them to contact me via email. That's happened 3 times so far, still nothing. Is this useless customer service normal for them? Has anybody else purchased from them recently (I mean last week or two recently) because this is total shit for a large online store and a large purchase. Wondering if anybody can help me out, I understand they even have a storefront in Brisbane? How it that possible when I can't even get somebody on the phone.

Cheers in advance, can't believe I joined this forum nearly 20 years ago.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I placed an order through Ridesports about 2 weeks ago, maybe a little longer for an NS frame. Received an order confirmation and paid for the frame but haven't been sent a shipping confirmation since. I have sent multiple emails and called multiple times but the calls go to some large messaging service under the name Construction Supply and Service.
Just moved your post into this thread, read up.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
G'day everyone,

It's been a minute since I was on here, pretty sure I joined in 2003 when I was 13!. Anyway, I placed an order through Ridesports about 2 weeks ago, maybe a little longer for an NS frame. Received an order confirmation and paid for the frame but haven't been sent a shipping confirmation since. I have sent multiple emails and called multiple times but the calls go to some large messaging service under the name Construction Supply and Service.
The person I speak to tells me that Ridesports is unavailable to speak with and that they will send an urgent message telling them to contact me via email. That's happened 3 times so far, still nothing. Is this useless customer service normal for them? Has anybody else purchased from them recently (I mean last week or two recently) because this is total shit for a large online store and a large purchase. Wondering if anybody can help me out, I understand they even have a storefront in Brisbane? How it that possible when I can't even get somebody on the phone.

I was trying to get details on a frame and it took weeks! Kept getting the same message you got and they promised they would get someone to call me back. Eventually, I think 3 weeks, someone called me back, couldn't answer my questions and said he would call right back....

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
Just moved your post into this thread, read up.
I did actually read through this thread before I posted but it didn't really help me out, all purchases and problems mentioned were a couple of months ago and it seems as though most people got a relatively fast reply via email. I can't say I've had that experience!

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
I was trying to get details on a frame and it took weeks! Kept getting the same message you got and they promised they would get someone to call me back. Eventually, I think 3 weeks, someone called me back, couldn't answer my questions and said he would call right back....
That definitely isn't confidence inspiring. I wonder if I need to take this problem further, they were quick to take the money from my account!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That definitely isn't confidence inspiring. I wonder if I need to take this problem further, they were quick to take the money from my account!
Personally I think you have been very patient and I would charge back the credit card.

I didn't buy the frame even though it was a great deal because of how terrible their service was, imagine if you have to make a warranty claim.

Flow-Rider

Burner
G'day everyone,

That area went under in the floods, not sure if it affected them or not.

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
I just found that review also, looks like I may have to take this issue further than I thought, was just wanting to get back on an MTB after 5 years, didn't plan on it being such a bloody shit show. Not sure about the floods but I would imagine somebody would have reached out to me to let me know at least what the status is. My entire property turned into a waterfall and my workshop got flooded here in NSW and somehow I am still managing to chase them up.