Is purchasing a pure DH bike worth it?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Organise to buy a second hand downhill bike in vancouver or whistler! Reduces the cost, might get a fairly recent rig!
Might also get a bike thats totally cooked. DH bikes tend to last a looong time in Aus.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's always worth having a dh rig in the stable. You may not ride it all the time,. It when you do ride it you'll feel like the king of the world!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
yeah i have quote for a devinci wilson 27.5. approx 8k.

View attachment 360734
Just get a secondhand DH bike locally. Most of them have not had that much use. E.g. I picked up a Banshee Legend mk2 for $2000 and I reckon its had less than 50 hours ride time total.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That build needs more red hope stuff. C’mon man, anno it up!

red obviously goes faster.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
There're soooooo many 2nd hand still in excellent condition DH sleds on Facebook. I would just go with 2nd hand and take to Whistler. Save the $$$.

I've ridden whistler with trail bike and a long enduro bike, and yes it's tiring but not unmanageable. I started around 10, have a long lunch break and nap around 1 or 2pm, out again around 4pm and ride till i drop - generally until about 6 or 7pm. I lasted a week riding like this.

Buy a DH bike, don't rent. They can quickly become really expensive if you are riding for more than a week.

onawave

Squid
I showed him a cheaper option but does not seem interested, it's even at whistler.
If that ain't a sign I don't know what is
yeah mate, i looked at that. the bike has to ship from somewhere else in bc. he can just deliver to whistler. which means i need to go through all of the logistics to get it there.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
theres a reason there are so many cheap 2nd hand DH bikes for sale... they seem like a good idea, till you end up riding it twice a year.....

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For what it's worth, the Devinci does not seem like a great idea in my opinion.
But if you have the cash to splash, why not