Is Bangers a Skanky Ho?

Do you think this is a dirty T-Shirt?

• Total voters

scratchy

Farkin Activist
OK,
This is for the listeners of "The Mountain Bike Show" and is meant for that forum area, once we get the bumps ironed out.

In the first show we interviewed Bangers and talked about her T-shirt. She is a pure of heart girl that has sparrows land on her shoulders, or is she...

Check out the shirt she just bought. If you listen to the podcast you'll know her defence.

(located here for your iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=262797299 )

The question I pose to to you the jury, is that if you saw a girl out wearing this at a pub you would think, what?

Together we can discover the truth...

Attachments

Woodsie

Likes Dirt
There is no way of course that this poll is going to be skewed by the wishful thinking of a bunch of teenage, and not so teenage boys. :rolleyes::D:D

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well as a starter,i don't listen in.But looking at that shirt,i would find it as a bit of a funny thing ya know.You always see dudes about with sarcastic shirts with rude words and pictures on them,so why can't a female do the same.

I find it as bit of a joke.I would'nt ride that bike anyway,it aint got shockies.:p

mattyboy

Likes Dirt
I don't mind the shirt, i probably wouldn't have thought any dirty if i had seen it on a girl. I haven't seen the vid, but she can wear what she wants, and i agree with fleshbone, i have seen things way worse on guys shirts, but its all fun. My brothers latest shirt has a hawiian girl with a flower necklace, saying 'just got leyed', i thought it was funny not disgraceful. I think she might be a nice girl who likes bikes, not a skanky ho. My 2c.

edit: also reminds of a shirt saying 'I support single mums', with a silouette of a woman pole dancing on it. It amused me.

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The question I pose to to you the jury, is that if you saw a girl out wearing this at a pub you would think, what?
Haven't listened to the cast so am not going to comment on that, but my mtbing girl loves pretty much any girly shirt with a push bike on it and wears them as a sort of badge of honour to identify her as a cyclist - along with the scars, bruises and tan lines.

According to my girl they can be a good conversation starter - although there are alway a few macho types who's egos get crushed when they find out the girl they are trying to take the piss out of a) actually rides, b) has just ridden the same event they have (ie marathon/enduro), and c) has beaten them convincingly.

So getting back to the question in hand it all depends on the person wearing the shirt rather than the cloth itself. ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I reckon it symbolises the fact that she is a surfy chick who likes to have the waves all to herself. Of course that means jack shit when you wear it to the pub because pubs don't have waves, just drunk blokes looking for a cheap (or in this case) a free ride................In summary: A chick wearing that shirt at a pub is looking to get lucky.;)

What would the discussion be if a bloke was wearing the same shirt? I bet he'd get punched out!

flognoffsky

Banned
I listened to the whole podcast this morning and it was pretty good for a first go ...I have never listened to one ever before but it was cool.

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Hey Travis or anyone, whenever I hit the link Travis provided at the top, it opens iTunes and I can see all 9 episodes, but not the delectable Bangers episode.. What gives, or am I doing somehting stoopid (I am an iTunes virgin)

UPDATE: I am am an idjiot, it was in the first show, doh!

PS I think the T-Shirt is very tongue in cheek, but I can totally believe Bangers take on it.....

Last edited:

mountain_bike man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey, just listned to the podcast, and only just got the whole "ride for free" thing, imm a bit slow at the moment:eek:
this comes down to having a dirty mind or not......i do:rolleyes::p

*morison*

Likes Dirt
i am sure she didn't mean it in that kinda way, but mate thats a hot shirt, i know what i would be thinking, if i saw that on a hot girl at the pub.

Nub

Banned
I saw a hot 20 year old chick wearing one of those yesterday...my thoughts definitely did not consist of sparrows on shoulders!