Intense Tracer 275 Carbon

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
Congrats to VTSS350 for getting there first. Love the gloss finish on that frame! Recently sold my bike to have some money over my wedding and then start a project. I've owned a couple of Intense bikes before and was pretty close to going for a Tracer alloy. Then, cashed up as I was, these get released. Needless to say, I couldn't resist and had a frame on the way ASAP. Much to the frustration of my then fiancé. Wedding done and dusted I started to think about how I'd go about this. Then she decided she needed a clothes shopping spree with some wedding gift money. She had a budget AND SHE BLEW THE SHIT OUT OF IT! And that is how I came to have this build this quickly, with no repercussions. I'm absolutely stoked with the result! Plans almost never come together this well. It's not too far removed from Intense's factory 'Pro' spec. Of course this all came together with the help of others. So thanks to my new wife Lauren four our little understanding, Matt from Monza Imports for his help and advice, the boys at Sealy's Cycles in Mornington and some very generous friends and family! Thankfully a honeymoon is still on the cards as well!

Frame - Intense Tracer T275 Carbon
Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Pike RCT3 160
Handlebars - Renthal Fatbar Lite 740 wide 20mm rise
Stem - Renthal Duo 50mm
Headset - Hope
Grips - ODI Troy Lee Designs
Saddle - Specialized Henge
Seatpost - Specialized Command Blacklight 125mm (for now, KS LEV in the future I think)
Front brake - Avid Elixer 9 Trail 180mm
Rear brake - Avid elixir 9 Trail 180mm
Cranks - SRAM X1 alloy 32T
Chainguide - A narrow-wide chainring :thumb:
Chain - SRAM XX1
Pedals - Shimano XT Trail
Front derailleur - Nope
Rear derailleur - SRAM XO1
Front shifter - Nope
Rear shifter - SRAM XO1
Cassette - SRAM XX1 10-42
Wheels - Mavic Crossmax Enduro
Tyres - Mavic Crossmax Charge 650x2.4 F and Mavic Crossmax Roam XL 650x2.2 R
Tubes - Stans sealant
Total weight - Was 13.1kg with tubes still in. So sub 13kg as pictured but not exactly sure. It's too awesome for me to be all that concerned!

Hope you all like it!

IMG_1738.jpgIMG_1740.jpgIMG_1744.jpgIMG_1742.jpgIMG_1736.jpg

Last edited:

Quintin

Eats Squid
aaah this is lovely. a lot of hype, i suspect there will be a few more of these around soon. and that is a good thing.

love how everyone is going for the pikes. they rock

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike! I notice you have run the dropper post in cable like I did. I actually run it up through the hole in the seat post clamp. Worked perfectly!

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
Nice bike! I notice you have run the dropper post in cable like I did. I actually run it up through the hole in the seat post clamp. Worked perfectly!
I looked at doing that, but my cable needs to move a fair bit when the seat is lowered so it didn't wanna work. Hence the KS post to come. Simply to neaten it up!

MB

Intense Australia
Well done Sotta she looks mint!! Yellow wheels look badass on this one too... Looks like I need to get off my arse and post mine up then eh??

Have you ridden it yet mate? You are going to love this bike bud, I hit up youies yesterday and I can't believe how good this bike is when it gets rough. Couldn't faze it. I'll post mine up soon.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Well done Sotta she looks mint!! Yellow wheels look badass on this one too... Looks like I need to get off my arse and post mine up then eh??

Have you ridden it yet mate? You are going to love this bike bud, I hit up youies yesterday and I can't believe how good this bike is when it gets rough. Couldn't faze it. I'll post mine up soon.
Moonman- when will Intense acknowledge the fact there are people out there who are taller than large sized frames.

I cant see any XL sizes.

MB

Intense Australia
Moonman- when will Intense acknowledge the fact there are people out there who are taller than large sized frames.

I cant see any XL sizes.
JD - Great news my friend. Intense have acknowledged that tall people actually exist. On the website www.intensecycles.com you will notice that there are geo measurements for an XL sized Tracer 275C. I can confirm that these will be available in September along with a Carbine 29 XL size and possibly a Spider 29 XL. There will also be a few more exciting little bits to come out of Intense but we will all just have to wait and see won't we?? :behindsofa:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
JD - Great news my friend. Intense have acknowledged that tall people actually exist. On the website www.intensecycles.com you will notice that there are geo measurements for an XL sized Tracer 275C. I can confirm that these will be available in September along with a Carbine 29 XL size and possibly a Spider 29 XL. There will also be a few more exciting little bits to come out of Intense but we will all just have to wait and see won't we?? :behindsofa:
i knew you would be there for me Moony

wjeffsy

Squid
That's a very nice bike! I currently have an Intense Carbine SL and love riding it. The Tracer 275 probably rides better though haha!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
That's a very nice bike! I currently have an Intense Carbine SL and love riding it. The Tracer 275 probably rides better though haha!
how different would the two be? Would the Carbine be more more of a trail all-rounder and the Tracer more gravity Enduro focussed with slacker angles

MB

Intense Australia
i knew you would be there for me Moony
*blush* Finally we might get you back on board buddy!

how different would the two be? Would the Carbine be more more of a trail all-rounder and the Tracer more gravity Enduro focussed with slacker angles
Nailed it again JD... I will say that the CSL is super versatile, 120mm fork gives you a bike with 69 degree h/a or you can run it with a 150mm fork and it becomes 68 and a bit more (big) trail orientated.

SOTTA

Likes Dirt

Thanks mate. I'm stoked with it! Way more bike than I know what to do with. Which is just the right amount of bike!

Managed to get out on a quick ride this arvo. It put a huge smile on my face. I can't get over how smooth the rear end is. Small bump compliance unreal. Uphill switchbacks were a breeze as well, better than any other bike I have ridden. No surprises how it went going back down the hill! Hopefully I'll be able to make time for some gravity rounds!

Tofanator

Likes Bikes
Amazing build..
I'm about to pull the trigger on a grey Frame with:
Pike front
decided to upgade to Crane Creek DB for the rear (love the versatility)
X01 group
Rail 50 wheelset
Reverb
Jerome Clemets carbon bars
X0 brakes

I'm 5'10" and am going a large with with 750mm bars and 50mm stem. Always ridden med but going on the geometry I figure L will be the best fit.

Tofanator

Likes Bikes
Can i ask the very rude question of what your total build cost was? Just a ball park figure if you prefer. For me with the listed build above inc crane creek DB upgrade with tyres and headset, stem is just under $7500

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
I'm 5'10 as well which puts me pretty much on the border between M and L in most brands. I know a few people at the same height who to L but I always fall back to medium and it seems to work for me. I'm pretty short in the inseam and short on reach for my height (must have a long neck). At Australian retail prices $7500 doesn't cover the whole bike. The mark would be north of that. A good relationship with a shop helps in this regard but it'll change from person to person, place to place. Exactly what I pay though is between me and the person who takes my money. ;)

Regardless, you won't regret going with one of these bad boys. It'll be worth every cent!

Tofanator

Likes Bikes
I'm 5'10 as well which puts me pretty much on the border between M and L in most brands. I know a few people at the same height who to L but I always fall back to medium and it seems to work for me. I'm pretty short in the inseam and short on reach for my height (must have a long neck). At Australian retail prices $7500 doesn't cover the whole bike. The mark would be north of that. A good relationship with a shop helps in this regard but it'll change from person to person, place to place. Exactly what I pay though is between me and the person who takes my money. ;)

Regardless, you won't regret going with one of these bad boys. It'll be worth every cent!
Yeah that makes sense, I think my reach is a little longer than average so im probably best on a L. Always felt slightly cramped on decents with a M. Pretty sure I'm being looked after by my guy but its always good to check what others are paying. Going through the same importer as you so much of a muchness. Only problem is the demand for these are quite high here in aus and currently looking at about 3-4 week wait for L frames. Thats a lot of xc riding on the hardtail in the mean time :-/

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
Yeh I was very lucky to get mine when I did! Since I intended to use and sid use the same bars/stem (size and type) as Intense on their factory builds I was able to check all the numbers, reach etc against my previous rides. Helped put my mind at ease before I dropped the coin. Might be worth doing the same.

MB

Intense Australia
Only problem is the demand for these are quite high here in aus and currently looking at about 3-4 week wait for L frames. Thats a lot of xc riding on the hardtail in the mean time :-/
Hey Tofanator the Large frames in both colours are landing today. I just walked past a Large Black with a CCDB upgrade... :behindsofa:

Tofanator

Likes Bikes
Hey Tofanator the Large frames in both colours are landing today. I just walked past a Large Black with a CCDB upgrade... :behindsofa:
Goody! I was just looking at the geo diff between the L an M and it seems the L has 616mm TT with the M at 585mm. That's a bigger gap between sizes than and most is making my decision harder as of what size to go.. 5'10" with a 32 inseam my head says L??

I currently have a Rocky Mountain Altitude M and its top tube is the same as the Med tracer but have always felt less stable at high speeds and was hoping the larger frame would help. Trying to think whether a smaller frame longer stem combo is the way or the larger frame shorter stem set up is the go...