IFP Fill Needle / Nitrogen needle

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: IFP Nitrogen Fill Needle
Condition:
Price: $20 or less. Or possibly borrow yours for a week or so
Reason: I would like to check / refill the bladder in my shock before having to send it to the professionals

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The shock is a Marzocchi 053. The last one they developed before fox buying them.

I believe the bladder has lost pressure, as It is suffering from really slow rebound at fully open.
My dhx5 had the same issues when put it back on, but that was fixed by pumping up the ifp/boost valve pressure.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The shock is a Marzocchi 053. The last one they developed before fox buying them.

I believe the bladder has lost pressure, as It is suffering from really slow rebound at fully open.
My dhx5 had the same issues when put it back on, but that was fixed by pumping up the ifp/boost valve pressure.
There is a tool for inflation, there isn’t a rubber pellet but a valve core buried into the IFP chamber from what this is showing

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is no valve just a rubber pellet. The marzocchi tool was a needle, possibly with a threaded section to keep from slipping during inflation.

" Here, as with the models without a piggyback, you will find a soft rubber stopper that you have to pierce with a hollow needle (0.8mm) to increase or reduce the pressure. "

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The details are too blurry in this image, but these are the Tools/adapters that were available from Andreanni for service centres.
it lists 2 different needle adapters

I'm pretty sure the NCR adapter is the left one
Marzocchi adapters.PNG

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Then super easy, work out the pellet stopper thread and get a schrader valve body with that thread. Teflon tape or thread locker or a suitably sized oring will allow it to seal.

They looks like this.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
You will also need a suitable allen key with a slot cut in it. This way you can have the fill need in the pellet and tighten the fill grub screw to seal things up. For replacement pellets I have used 2mm slices of o-ring cord (I think 6mm cord or thereabouts).

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers Summit for the pellet replacement tip.
I'm going to try my brass adapter with 0.5mm needle first, with the hope the pellet in there just seals back up nicely.

This shock should not need the slotted Allen key ala RS Monarch. The reservoir grub screw is just a place holder

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Sorry I should have used a picture with my words.

I was suggesting you do is eliminate the stopper grub screw and pellet and install a schrader valve body that threads into the damper body like this