IBIS RIPMO AF

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats a pain in the bum - how do you rate their response ?
no need to name and shame - it’s a general question , be as vague as needed
I,m always curious as this isn’t a Kmart bike - in the GAF from a retailer - bike or otherwise

Petero

Likes Dirt
Yeah no issues - all replaced. The mechanic said after closer look the splines weren't stripped, just some scratches as the spines only started after 5mm or so into the crank arm (from the bb side) and there was no obvious reason for it falling off.. Definitely assured me that all bolts had been torqued properly..

Either way all fixed in good time with a new crank arm.. hopefully this one stays put..

Petero

Likes Dirt
Upgrades added to first post;
  • SLX 170mm cranks - Bought shorter cranks but turns out they were already 170mm, may have been changed by the LBS in the above previous post... D'oh! Oh well, at least the change to SLX is a ~150g weight saving.
  • Absolute Black Oval 30T chainring. So far so good, seems to hold speed better?
  • XT shifter, coz betterer and cheap. Nothing wrong with the Deore, just like my double shifts, also feels a little firmer / crisper.
  • Shimano MT500 ispec dropper is on for trial as stock KS dropper lever was shite. Incredible upgrade for $35.
  • Ergon GE1 evo grips, coz bad wrist needs a big more ergo, given the small change surprisingly better than a round grip.
  • XT cassette, just coz pushys 12% off and in stock... yet to be fitted.
  • DERT tubeless valves, just a lil' bling to match grip clamps and add some colour.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Shimano itself doesn’t specify whether I-Spec EV is compatible with older standards, but there are reports online of users mounting I-Spec II shifters on I-Spec EV brake levers. It needs shorter bolts than those supplied – repurposed brake rotor bolts seem to work.

Should work with M8000 then...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
View attachment 370533
So this happened on the second ride... Splines on crank arm stripped out...
Shimano 12 speed boost cranks use spacers between the BB and the arm. The parts diagram calls for one on each side, but when i went to fit the Deore 6100 crank to the orange (same threaded BB as you) it only needed one on the drive side - if i used the second spacer on the non drive side it only engaged half of the spline but still allowed the end cap to be fitted.

Take the end cap off and see if you can see any spline exposed on the crank arm.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Shimano 12 speed boost cranks use spacers between the BB and the arm. The parts diagram calls for one on each side, but when i went to fit the Deore 6100 crank to the orange (same threaded BB as you) it only needed one on the drive side - if i used the second spacer on the non drive side it only engaged half of the spline but still allowed the end cap to be fitted.

Take the end cap off and see if you can see any spline exposed on the crank arm.
Yeah that was the problem, LBS added a spacer that wasn't meant to be there... only one spacer between frame and BB required for the 6100/7100 etc. 52mm chainline models.
Dealer Manual snips for reference.