Sold Ibis Ripley LS. SOLD

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Item: Ibis Ripley LS with Fox Float EVOL Factory, Cane Creek 40 Headset, seat post clamp, spare cable ports, rear axle, instruction booklet
Sizing: XL frame, but a smallish XL, particularly by modern standards. Geo is reasonably similar to current model Large Pivot Mach 4 SL or Yeti SB115 for example, so if you normally ride a Large or even medium this could well suit you depending on how much dropper you want. I'm 192cm and really enjoyed riding it so if you prefer a smaller more playful bike it can work for tall riders too.
Item Condition: Cosmetically, fair. Lots of little stone chips and minor scratches around the rear triangle in particular and the matte finish has been worn smooth in various places. The most obvious scratches on the top half of the bike pictured (very superficial, image makes them look like gouges but it's just paint off). Underside of downtube had frameskin on it and looks good.

Built up and from a couple of paces it still presents well enough.

Mechanically, very good. Bearings were replaced not long before I stopped riding it. Shock has a .8 spacer in it to suit 95kg rider.

Cane Creek 40 Headset is a bit grubby and needs a clean, but I'm including brand new bearings. Downtube protector has a chunk out of it, available as a spare part if it worries you.

Reason for selling: Now on 500mm reach bikes so this feels too small. I'd build it back up otherwise.
Price and price conditions: $950 collected, can discuss postage if required
Extra Info: 29er, Boost 148, threaded BB, suitable for 120-140mm tapered forks (you'll want 150-160mm of steerer minimum for an average stack stem)
Pictures:

Last edited:

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is some solid pre covid pricing, very well priced
Pity I'm midget and don't have to duck to get through doorways like the rest of RB.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That is some solid pre covid pricing, very well priced
Pity I'm midget and don't have to duck to get through doorways like the rest of RB.
It is an awesome price but interestingly, the reach on this XL LS Ripley is 7mm shorter than my Med Spur. Was showing it to #1 son and doing some geo figures.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is an awesome price but interestingly, the reach on this XL LS Ripley is 7mm shorter than my Med Spur. Was showing it to #1 son and doing some geo figures.
I like this bike but at 173 cm I figure it would be too big. Bikes are getting bigger, me, not so much. With some frames I have gone from a medium to a small. Do you know the year? I would like to check the geo in light of your comment.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Ibis Ripley LS with Fox Float EVOL Factory, Cane Creek 40 Headset, seat post clamp, spare cable ports, rear axle, instruction booklet
Sizing: XL frame, but a smallish XL, particularly by modern standards. Geo is reasonably similar to current model Large Pivot Mach 4 SL or Yeti SB115 for example, so if you normally ride a Large or even medium this could well suit you depending on how much dropper you want. I'm 192cm and really enjoyed riding it so if you prefer a smaller more playful bike it can work for tall riders too.
Item Condition: Cosmetically, fair. Lots of little stone chips and minor scratches around the rear triangle in particular and the matte finish has been worn smooth in various places. The most obvious scratches on the top half of the bike pictured (very superficial, image makes them look like gouges but it's just paint off). Underside of downtube had frameskin on it and looks good.

Built up and from a couple of paces it still presents well enough.

Mechanically, very good. Bearings were replaced not long before I stopped riding it. Shock has a .8 spacer in it to suit 95kg rider.

Cane Creek 40 Headset is a bit grubby and needs a clean, but I'm including brand new bearings. Downtube protector has a chunk out of it, available as a spare part if it worries you.

Reason for selling: Now on 500mm reach bikes so this feels too small. I'd build it back up otherwise.
Extra Info: 29er, Boost 148, threaded BB, suitable for 120-140mm tapered forks (you'll want 150-160mm of steerer minimum for an average stack stem)
Pictures:

View attachment 383308

View attachment 383309
View attachment 383310

View attachment 383311

View attachment 383312

View attachment 383313

View attachment 383314
I might have missed it, but what is the year on this frame?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ripley LS on geometrygeeks.

Minlak

custom titis
Extra Info:
29er, Boost 148, threaded BB, suitable for 120-140mm tapered forks (you'll want 150-160mm of steerer minimum for an average stack stem)
Pictures:
Have a look at this thread no point starting a new one here

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Interesting. Sure is on the small size for XL.
The reach number is on the low side by current trends but the ETT with the saddle at a height for someone who rides an XL would put the cockpit "room" in the XL ballpark. I think the new trend of over-emphasising reach numbers for anything other than pure DH is a bit dumb. For most of us the majority of time is spent sitting down and pedalling and once you standup to let her rip on the downs the shorter reach is hardly a problem (and in the super steeps it is a distinct advantage). Standing up you can always weight the front more by shifting forward but once your arms are fully stretched out there is no getting further back.

GLWS @Tubbsy . Looks like a nice frame in good condition.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
For most of us the majority of time is spent sitting down and pedalling and once you standup to let her rip on the downs the shorter reach is hardly a problem (and in the super steeps it is a distinct advantage).
Yes and no. From personal experience shifting to bikes with a longer (around 500mm is great for me) reach with a higher stack height is great. The mistake I made when switching from my Mach 6 (ludicrously small XL by today's standards but with a great stack height) to a longer bike without a corresponding rise in stack height = cockpit immediately felt too low and even with higher rise bars and other cockpit rejigging never really felt right.

Also bikes with longer reach allow me to feel more "in" the bike on descents as opposed to being perched over it.