How to How to GoPro.... Bible

tobbogonist

a registered member
Yeah I remember having over a grand worth of thumb drives about 15 years ago. I reckon one office works 64 gb sd drive would have more storage.

Minlak

custom titis
So YouTube just changed their terms of service again - now even if you don’t qualify for the partner program (which you have to be in to monetise your videos) they are allowed to put ads on your videos and take the revenue.
this is interesting as if you were a partner you can choose to have no ads or even the quantity of ads - now however you can lose potential subs as you have too many ads that you have no control over.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
So YouTube just changed their terms of service again - now even if you don’t qualify for the partner program (which you have to be in to monetise your videos) they are allowed to put ads on your videos and take the revenue.
this is interesting as if you were a partner you can choose to have no ads or even the quantity of ads - now however you can lose potential subs as you have too many ads that you have no control over.
They have been gradually crapping all over YouTube in the name of advertising greed.

It is pretty bad that they syphon off any ad revenue as they like. The amount of ads on it now is already bad enough.

It is in slow decline now. The good times are done.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
Been seeing what I can do to recover some of my old Gopro footage from long before the great stabilisation of the current generation cameras.
I think I've finally found the best settings in Davinci Resolve for POV MTB footage. Hope the video is useful for any of you guys that have heaps of old footage around like I do.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All those here that bought the GoPro Hero9 through the website with the GoPro Plus subscription deal.

That Subscription Auto-Renews around the 15th September (4 weeks)

Go to your account on the GoPro website and cancel your subscription or you will be billed $69.99 in a few weeks time.

ozzybmx

Time to polish up the Hero 9 black and get it on Fakebook marketplace or Scumtree.

The Hero 10 images and spec has been leaked so usually only a couple of weeks away.

Figures in with the usual mid September new camera release.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hypersmooth 4.0 has me curious but the rest I couldn't really care about. Don't use the front screen at all, and I don't record in any higher framerate than 4k30. Wait and see I guess.

Super happy with the image quality and stabilisation of the H9B so far, still kinda blows me away that we can get this sort of image without a gimbal nowadays.

ozzybmx

Hypersmooth 4.0 has me curious but the rest I couldn't really care about. Don't use the front screen at all, and I don't record in any higher framerate than 4k30. Wait and see I guess.

Super happy with the image quality and stabilisation of the H9B so far, still kinda blows me away that we can get this sort of image without a gimbal nowadays.
Nice vid ! Detonate in the wet :oops:

The GP2 chip is the big ticket item to me, a massive jump in performance from the camera, faster, no freezing (hopefully) and better image quality from the new sensor.

A few of the reviews have said about how can they possibly make the stability any better with hypersmooth4.

I do the upgrade every year, it usually only costs me about $100 to sell off the old one and upgrade to the new so it works out ok. I also claimed the tax back on the Hero9 as I used it for all my TAFE presentation videos, still using it in my trainer role so may run the Hero10 by the accountant next year too.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Must admit I'm struggling to find a good reason to even upgrade from the 8. Especially as none of my accessories can be carried over.

ozzybmx

So the new GoPro Hero 10 gets released today... or Friday in Australia.

I have spent 2 weeks battling with GoPro about my Hero9 back screen flickering at 30-40 times a second, they have just agreed to send me a new Hero9.

I updated the software before SELLING IT and the back screen started to flicker.

Now stuck with a 14 day turn around while the new one is released.