How to How to GoPro.... Bible

Minlak

custom titis
So have the GoPro 11 I bough from HN (Where I used to work) and they know I don't bring stuff back unless it is broken.
Camera gets hot and shuts off with in 45 mins
Camera Freezes
Audio sometimes does not match video
So they have to send it to supplier who verifies fault and either issues an RA or tells you to go away - They claim it is the enduro battery causing the issue and wants to send it back with a new battery.
Except I have 3 Enduro batteries all bought new at the same time and happens with all 3 batteries - I had been having issues for a month or so and wanted to eliminate all issues.

They have had the Camera at HN for 6 weeks and the supplier had it for 3 weeks - I went in on Monday and said what is happening and they rang supplier who said they have not tested it yet as their "Tech" was away until Tuesday - I get a call ay 8:30am Tuesday telling me its the battery - So the Tech that has been away came back and tested just my camera instantly and decided in the 5 mins he was at work that it is the battery.

So now trying to contact GoPro to get an RMA number from them and that in itself seems to be an epic journey - Pretty sure I am going to do what I should have done and switch to a 360 Cam now.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
21 pages of GoPro and just because you get the shits and buy a different brand, the title gets changed.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What res/modes are you filming in? My 11B has been flawless so far, but the 7B I had a year or two back had to be RMA'ed, seems to be sometimes you get a good one, very rarely you get a lemon.

ozzybmx

My 11B is 100% with enduro batteries, the only camera I've ever had an issue with was the 10B which developed a flicker on the rear screen, GP replaced on warranty.

I shoot everything in 4k 60fps high bitrate.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Question for the GoPro-ers ...

A mother from my son's rugby team sent me a GoPro video of his tries today .... but she has filmed it in 'fast mode' by mistake (she just got it on Friday apparently). Is there anything that I can do to convert the GoPro MP4 files back to normal mode? I don't want to bother her to try to do it.

I'm not sure what the fast mode speed (x normal) is even.

EDIT - I reckon it's actually time lapse so fewer FPS => not viable to slow down with any video quality

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Question for the GoPro-ers ...

A mother from my son's rugby team sent me a GoPro video of his tries today .... but she has filmed it in 'fast mode' by mistake (she just got it on Friday apparently). Is there anything that I can do to convert the GoPro MP4 files back to normal mode? I don't want to bother her to try to do it.

I'm not sure what the fast mode speed (x normal) is even.

EDIT - I reckon it's actually time lapse so fewer FPS => not viable to slow down with any video quality
Yeah sounds likes shes made a timelapse. Easy done as pressing the power button once turns it on, this then goes to the last preset... in my case, its video. Press again and its photo, press again and its timelapse, then back to video, so 3 presses takes you to each shortcut, video-photo-timelapse then back to video.

Often people press the power button quickly to turn it off, realise it hasnt turned off as it needs a longer press BUT they have moved it to the next shortcut. Next time they turn it on, its on photo or timelapse.

Depending on the settings, it takes 1 photo a second and makes a 24fps fast video, so 1 second of timelapse is actually 24 seconds of time.

To compare, I shoot in 60fps, so in 24 seconds, I have 1440 frames, she has 24.

There's nothing you can do to make it a watchable video.

ozzybmx

Loads of great reviews on the new Action 4 but as usual, DCRM has an unbiased review.

Looks like it fell short... at the same price.

Video starts at wrap-up.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Series 7 Gopro shat itself and now the display screen doesn't work (it can still record and take photos, but you can't change any settings). Was thinking about getting an upgrade for the NZ trip.
Has anyone used the 11 Mini, is it the same as the full size just without the display? Seems to be around the same price as the 10 and am wondering which way to go

ozzybmx

My Series 7 Gopro shat itself and now the display screen doesn't work (it can still record and take photos, but you can't change any settings). Was thinking about getting an upgrade for the NZ trip.
Has anyone used the 11 Mini, is it the same as the full size just without the display? Seems to be around the same price as the 10 and am wondering which way to go
GoPro releases a new camera on September 15th every year.
Only 4 weeks away from a Hero 12 and a Hero 11 price drop.
Hold off till then if you can.

ozzybmx

GoPro releases the Hero 12 today, which will be 6/9 yankee time, so Wednesday evening.

Lots of people have been able to buy one already but the camera has to be updated to work... and no update is available yet.

Looks like the Hero 11 with HDR.