Hope pro 4 vs Pro 5 & do I need to go #%^#%^ boost now?

moorey

call me Mia
What's a good condition boost hope pro 4 enduro wheelset worth these days? Put them up locally for $500 and not even a nibble, am I way off? Honestly not sure what there are worth anymore.
Rims? I paid $400 (asking price) recently for used 27.5 fortus30 on pro4 with eagle cassette and decent tyres.
$500 should be fair on good quality rims in great condition…but there’s cheaper out there.

If you mean Hopetec enduro rims? They weren’t that popular with many, being 26mm.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Rims? I paid $400 (asking price) recently for used 27.5 fortus30 on pro4 with eagle cassette and decent tyres.
$500 should be fair on good quality rims in great condition…but there’s cheaper out there.

If you mean Hopetec enduro rims? They weren’t that popular with many, being 26mm.
29er enduro rims (didn't realise they were 26mm), came on a hardtail I picked up and I swapped for a set of DT's. Will adjust the price accordingly, could probably get a similar price for just hubs and easier to ship.

moorey

call me Mia
29er enduro rims (didn't realise they were 26mm), came on a hardtail I picked up and I swapped for a set of DT's. Will adjust the price accordingly, could probably get a similar price for just hubs and easier to ship.
They’re a great rim. I have a set in 26”. It’s just everyone wants them thicc these days.

moorey

call me Mia
If they are good rims I might just swap back, honestly never noticed much difference with 30mm rims.
Unless you’re running plus tyres, you won’t. 26mm are fine with up to 2.5” without affecting the tyre profile or getting squirmy. And also, not an issue if you aren’t trying to fit fat rim inserts.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Unless you’re running plus tyres, you won’t. 26mm are fine with up to 2.5” without affecting the tyre profile or getting squirmy. And also, not an issue if you aren’t trying to fit fat rim inserts.
Maybe for a lightweight like you but I noticed the improvement immediately when I jumped up rim width with 2.5’s. #thicc4lyf