Hope P2E XD QR adapter Found (well hacked actually, but we'll see)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Item: Hope Pro2 EVO drive side QR adapter for XD Driver
Item Condition: Functional
Price and price conditions: Let me Know
Extra Info: Would like before next weekend.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
*next

The shoulder is lower on the XD one. I have a std set, but I might take my 10mm one to our fitter and see if he can machine it down to suit as I'd rather use 10mm bolt thru rather than QR but the propper ones only come I QR and 12mm.

And I don't see how welding a deep fryer to it, a la Leon, will help.

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
Sorry Knuckles. Have been through the same pain recently.

Ended up having to buy from here: www.activesport.co.uk

For everyone elses reference, the maximum external diameter for the Hope Sram XD drive side adapter is 21mm. 22mm and the drive side adapter won't fit properly inside the end of the Hope XD freehub body.

Attachments

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
*next

The shoulder is lower on the XD one. I have a std set, but I might take my 10mm one to our fitter and see if he can machine it down to suit as I'd rather use 10mm bolt thru rather than QR but the propper ones only come I QR and 12mm.

And I don't see how welding a deep fryer to it, a la Leon, will help.
HUB472 is the Hope part that you need for the 10mm through axle.

Item Name from ActiveSport: Hope Hub PRO2 EVO XX1 / XD 10mm / 135mm DRIVE SIDE SPACER

Hope have a Quality Control issue with this part, as mine arrived and has a 22mm external diameter, and won't fit freely through the end of the XD Freehub body. Hence, I'm running the 9mm QR until I get my shit sorted, and contact Hope Customer Service.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Might order both then. Seeing as postage is 3x the cost of the part. How long did delivery take?

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
I can't remember exactly, but it must have been at least 3 weeks, and no more than 4 weeks.

I too bought a heap of the 'rare' Hope spares that couldn't seem to be sourced from Wiggle, CRC, Australian distributor, and made sure I was getting my money's worth from the postage ;).

If you use Hope threaded BB's, I'd recommend that you also buy a couple of the "Hope Bottom Bracket Outer Seals" BBSP104, as they too proved to be as rare as rocking horse poo.