NSW Hope E4 Tech 3 Black [FOUND]

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Item: Hope E4 Tech 3 Black (complete or caliper only)
Price range/Willing to Pay: $150
Extra Info: Just got around to fitting the Hope V4 from @the drizzle and the rear caliper fouls on the frame so I'm chasing any of the following.
a) Swap my Hope V4 set/rear/caliper for your Hope E4 of same
b) Purchase Hope E4 set/rear/caliper
Edit:
c) Would also consider an X2 caliper

@Minlak did you end up selling the set you had up for sale?

Alternatively does anyone know if I can retrofit a SRAM Guide caliper and hose to a Hope Tech 3 lever?

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Don’t have verniers but eyeballing with a ruler looking at 44mm wide on E4 caliper.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Got a brand new e4 caliper I'll swap ya for. Just keep your bleed nipple and oring, I still haven't got one for this new spare. (pinched oring for a mates caliper.)
Cheers @Sethius, although I'm not so sure that it's actually going to fix my problem anymore. I was hoping that the E4 caliper was less beefy compared to the V4 but going from shiny's measuring they may be the same width.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
you might have some luck with an X2? or older 2 pot maybe?
without sticking a vernier on it, id say the X2 is 40mm wide

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Cheers @Tubbsy, looking at that there's around 1mm difference overall so probably only a 0.5mm difference from the center line to the outside edge of the piston bore cap which means that swapping to E4's isn't going to help me.

kip01

Likes Dirt
I had the same problem with my commencal meta there was next to no difference in size ended having to run x2 calliper still stops good but does start brake fading when riding steep dh stuff