Hitting Mt Annan and Wylde on the same day

mekros

Likes Dirt
Howdy all,

I'm thinking of riding both the Mt Anna botanical gardens and Wylde on the same day (weather permitting). Has anyone done this? Is it worth doing? how much time would it take? Any advice you would offer?

Thanks

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Has anyone done this? Is it worth doing? how much time would it take? Any advice you would offer?
Easy enough to do since they aren't far away on the M7. Wylde makes you work and you might be feeling done after 2 laps. Go there first if you can. I haven't done Mt Annan but heard Wylde is bit more enjoyable.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Mt Annan is poo.... Wylde is boring as (good for smashing out some fast training k's).....
If you're down that neck of the woods, Kentlyn and Camden are worth a same day ride.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty sure Mt Annan is closed until further notice at the moment as they are doing some sort of maintenance.

https://www.australianbotanicgarden.com.au/Visit/Things-to-Do-See/Mountain-Bike-Track
Yep - been closed for a while . They are removing olive trees . This place is closed more often than open unfortunately . Wylde is not as anal about closure as Mt Annan is but with both trails being so groomed its no surprise that a little moisture results in a shut down . Not sure what the builders were thinking with these , perhaps they were told it had to be non technical ? They should have really looked how trails like Appin and Kentlyn were built and handled moisture !

I used to use these for training but now have my own loop down south . There`s nothing worse than jumping in the car real early only to find when you get there the trails are closed ! But I guess as its volunteers that update the pages in the middle of the day we can`t complain too much .

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There`s nothing worse than jumping in the car real early only to find when you get there the trails are closed ! But I guess as its volunteers that update the pages in the middle of the day we can`t complain too much .
Agreed, the most up to date info on the status of Wylde seems to be on their FB page but business hours updates do seem to apply. Kind of helpful ,sort of........

https://www.facebook.com/WesternSydPark/

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Go to Kentlyn.
Go to Kentlyn.
Go to Kentlyn.
Go to Kentlyn.
Go to Kentlyn.
Go to Kentlyn.
Go to Kentlyn.

notime

Likes Dirt
Wylde is not as anal about closure as Mt Annan is but with both trails being so groomed its no surprise that a little moisture results in a shut down . Not sure what the builders were thinking with these , perhaps they were told it had to be non technical ? They should have really looked how trails like Appin and Kentlyn were built and handled moisture !
Same builder, same mistakes. To be fair both surfaces are like ice when wet no matter who would have built them but they just don't know how to follow a contour lines, trails drop into the lowest parts of the water table so have added moisture issues. He also has no respect for his trails or riders using them or he would be back in his spare time to fix them. Any trail builder I know, on land that is usually illegal will keep returning on his/her own time and fix what they have done wrong.

Looks like you have Camden info now so you can ride a trail built with passion and not a bank cheque.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was at wylde mid week about 2 weeks ago and there was a guy doing regular maintenance and adding woodwork on the worst of the drainage points. so not perfect but they're still improving on the worst parts. and that clay just doesn't play nicely with any moisture

notime

Likes Dirt
Yes they have started to do maintenance again which was good to see.

WSPL finally figured out they can mow most of the track both sides a metre wide in a day with the right device. Used to do 300m in a day with a whipper snipper I think.

It's still a great resource to have, serves it's purpose well enough. It was just built in a weird manner which leaves holes for water after nearly every roller.