Highland Fling 2011

HerdingCats

Likes Dirt
Registration for the Highland Fling opened this morning at 07:07.

Smooth as silk, no dramas entering full fling. Training starts today ...

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best entry system around. Enter your details in advance then when the time comes, choose which category and pay...Love it.

4th visit, 2nd Full fling. Training starts... tomorrow... its cold today!

Rambler

Likes Dirt
Yep, best entry system by a long way. No more server crashes and very user friendly. No more racing the young pups for me as I am in the masters category for the first time. Don't forget about the Bundanoon Dash. I did it last year for the first time and it was a heap of fun.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Gotta love a smooth entry system... :)

I'm in for a 100K of hurt... Will try and crack 9 hours this year... :p

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Into the vets this year. Got a bit confused when there seemed to be very few categories, then realised that it only shows the options available.

Any tandems going in this year?

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
I'm having issues - it's not accepting my entry? Anyone else stuck?

(Success, 4th time lucky, I just kept going back to start and trying again).

Last edited:

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Likewise. will also be my 4th 100 miler. 6 races, 3 100kers, 3 100milers, 1 Crash out, 1 Flu ridden DNF, 1 Podium. Wonder what this year will hold ;)

Cheers
Spoonie
Will tomacropod round the corner to see DaGonz lying injured in a creekbed again...? Maybe he'll have to resort to superlight wheels in order to triumph, rather than relying on ill fate to advance his placing...?

$180 and we still have to pay for the pasta at the end? Best plate of food ever.

My second attempt at the 100 mile. Last year the only people I beat were DNFs. 5 minutes inside of the stage three cutoff time.

- Joel

Last edited:

Jubas

Likes Dirt
What's the 50k course like in terms of technicality? There's good information in terms of single track vs sniggle vs fire trail vs sealed etc, but not much information on technicality.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
I think this is Fling number 6...

2006 110km - 7h 19m
2007 110km - 7h 55m
2008 110km - 6h 5m (cyclocross!)
2009 160km - DNF (missed final cut off by 3 mins :( )
2010 160km - 8h 43m

Planning on crossing it up this year :)