Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I'm sure at some point CRC used to have a minimum of ~$400 before free shipping. Wasn't a problem, the amount of pooled orders and CRC boxes that used to turn up to work...

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been F&^*%$@ with low end SRAM 12sp stuff for too long now, I am happy for the range of the 12sp, but would prefer the stuff didn't trip over itself every time the wind blows. XX1 is good, but the rest is a total scam and I can't be paying XX1 prices at present.

Where can you get the best deals on XT/XTR 11speed currently, I hope someone on here has done the hard yards for me

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've been F&^*%$@ with low end SRAM 12sp stuff for too long now, I am happy for the range of the 12sp, but would prefer the stuff didn't trip over itself every time the wind blows. XX1 is good, but the rest is a total scam and I can't be paying XX1 prices at present.
X0 is the same as XX1, it works really well. Everything below that is shithouse... apologies to anyone offended, if its any consolation, I have 1 x GX and 3 x NX on the families bikes.

Next bike will be back to Shimano 100%.

Not sure where the cheapest is but stock is low or sold out in most.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just had a look on Wiggle and an XO1 11sp derailleur is $419 versus XT at $134.
It was good, but not 3.5 times as good, particularly with $500 cassettes

ozzybmx

Where can you get the best deals on XT/XTR 11speed currently, I hope someone on here has done the hard yards for me
I actually cant find an in-stock XT groupset anywhere, all the bits would have to be bought separate and suck the postage up :oops:

ozzybmx

For the 1st time since Covid, certainly due to the x-mas increase. I have a HiBike package on the tarmac in Frankfurt since 7th-Nov, so 1 month.

They usually move around the 21 day mark. I had another HiBike order with some Black-Friday goodies in it, it got transferred to the Frankfurt tarmac on the 1st-Dec. Fat chance that has of being here before the new year... dont really need it anyway.

The 7-Nov package has kids Chrissy presents in it... surely has to get moving soon.

Minlak

custom titis
For the 1st time since Covid, certainly due to the x-mas increase. I have a HiBike package on the tarmac in Frankfurt since 7th-Nov, so 1 month.

They usually move around the 21 day mark. I had another HiBike order with some Black-Friday goodies in it, it got transferred to the Frankfurt tarmac on the 1st-Dec. Fat chance that has of being here before the new year... dont really need it anyway.

The 7-Nov package has kids Chrissy presents in it... surely has to get moving soon.
My Uberbike order sat on Tarmac from 18th November until 2nd December and have been awaiting clearance in Perth since then. :(

ozzybmx

The 1st HiBike package was delivered today. Arrived in Aus on the 10th then sat in Melbourne waiting clearance for a week.
That package got moving on the 7th Nov, delivered 19th December so at 42 days, that the longest it has ever taken to get a package from Germany.

On the upside, the 2nd order on the 1st December with the Black-Friday goodies, arrived in Aus yesterday, cleared immediately and is on the way to SA... might even be Monday delivery :)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Anyone know what the lead time on deliveries from Hibike has been like this year?

Also, is the tracking up the shit like most tracking in recent times?

ozzybmx

Anyone know what the lead time on deliveries from Hibike has been like this year?

Also, is the tracking up the shit like most tracking in recent times?
They all use the same DHL shipping method, Hibike, Bike24, BikeComp, BikeDisc, R2B... they sit in Frankfurt for ages.

My Bike24 with the spokes for my Spur's wheels is still showing Frankfurt from the 1/7... 23days, was hoping to build them during lockdown.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
They all use the same DHL shipping method, Hibike, Bike24, BikeComp, BikeDisc, R2B... they sit in Frankfurt for ages.

My Bike24 with the spokes for my Spur's wheels is still showing Frankfurt from the 1/7... 23days, was hoping to build them during lockdown.
At least you didn't specify which lockdown

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Yeah thought as much.

Looks like I am a little way back down the line from you with my order for an EX511 on 12/7

Will be interesting if my aliexpress stuff beats it or not

ozzybmx

Yeah thought as much.

Looks like I am a little way back down the line from you with my order for an EX511 on 12/7

Will be interesting if my aliexpress stuff beats it or not
Been a bit hit and miss, a while back I had one hit Aus in 10 days, not so much luck lately.

Maybe our packages are on the same plane :p

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Been a bit hit and miss, a while back I had one hit Aus in 10 days, not so much luck lately.

Maybe our packages are on the same plane :p
If you ordered 12 days before me and it is on a plane, I fucken hope mine IS on the same plane otherwise logic says I've got another 12 or so days wait until mine gets on a plane

ozzybmx

Just having a cry... looks like my Bike24 is going to go to the 4 week mark.

I never look for any packages but been really wanting to get these wheels built... this package has the fckn spokes.

Still on the tarmac, I feel like I've been in Frankfurt, I picture the airport and the plane revving its engine vividly... there has been so much of my shit go through there in the past several years.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Just having a cry... looks like my Bike24 is going to go to the 4 week mark.

I never look for any packages but been really wanting to get these wheels built... this package has the fckn spokes.

Still on the tarmac, I feel like I've been in Frankfurt, I picture the airport and the plane revving its engine vividly... there has been so much of my shit go through there in the past several years.

View attachment 378184
I feel your plane. Oops meant pain! I’ve had about 5 orders from ze Germans for the Highlander build and other random shit when if I’d planned it properly I could have just gotten one but I keep thinking of new stuff I just have to have! Every order has been about 5 weeks. One was almost 7weeks. Quickest was bike 24 at 3.5 weeks at Frankfurt.
Unlike you though I keep picturing this guy prancing around with our parcels flinging left, flinging them right until they have enough holes and dints in the boxes then they are ready to go!

ozzybmx

I feel your plane. Oops meant pain! I’ve had about 5 orders from ze Germans for the Highlander build and other random shit when if I’d planned it properly I could have just gotten one but I keep thinking of new stuff I just have to have! Every order has been about 5 weeks. One was almost 7weeks. Quickest was bike 24 at 3.5 weeks at Frankfurt.
I dont think I have ever had one go over 4 weeks in Frankfurt.

There is always a German order on its way to me... got one a couple of weeks back, got another one in planning stage.

Just waiting to see if Bike-Discounts alleged 31/7/21 delivery of Formula Cura comes to fruition... if not, I have a brimming basket waiting at BikeComponents.

Everywhere else is OOS till later in the year, BD recons fresh Cura stock in 2 days :rolleyes: