Help with Roubion / Bronson sizing please

huffy23

Cannon Fodder
Hi girls,
Hoping you can help! I've put down a deposit on a Roubion (woohoo!) but now I'm a bit stuck on what size to get. I don't want to get it wrong as its a lot of $ and I'll be hanging onto it for a few years. I'm 165cm 5'5" so right in between sizes on the sizing chart. I've got shorter legs & longer torso, which is making me lean towards the medium, although initially my lbs had me down for a small. No demo bikes to try. I've jumped on a Bronson small & medium, a few weeks apart and also only for a carpark roll. They feel so different from my anthem 29er it's really hard to compare if it's just the bike & wide bars or the size that feels different.
Appreciate any thoughts & experiences you could share :)

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hi girls,
Hoping you can help! I've put down a deposit on a Roubion (woohoo!) but now I'm a bit stuck on what size to get. I don't want to get it wrong as its a lot of $ and I'll be hanging onto it for a few years. I'm 165cm 5'5" so right in between sizes on the sizing chart. I've got shorter legs & longer torso, which is making me lean towards the medium, although initially my lbs had me down for a small. No demo bikes to try. I've jumped on a Bronson small & medium, a few weeks apart and also only for a carpark roll. They feel so different from my anthem 29er it's really hard to compare if it's just the bike & wide bars or the size that feels different.
Appreciate any thoughts & experiences you could share :)
Height only gives a starting point.

Top tube length is primarily dictated by torso length (unless you have especially long or short arms).

Suggests larger size of the two for your build, especially for an AM type bike where you don't want a long stem to get fit (30mm difference in effective TT and reach between those sizes).

Preferred bike fit is a personal thing though. Hopefully your LBS is experienced enough to discuss and advise.

Good luck (if decision hasn't been made already).

Last edited:

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
Hey how did you go with the sizing? Only just logged on here for the first time in years and saw this :)
I had the same but opposite problem - wanted to buy a Bronson but only able to test ride the Roubion. I was lucky enough to demo it at Santa Cruz HQ tho, and the advice I was given from them was that a medium Roubion is the exact same frame as the Bronson - they don't make any changes to the frame itself, and that the only differences were in the components. I ended up requesting a shorter stem than stock when I ordered my Bronson and took about 5mm off either end of the bars but overall the bike felt very similar to the one I tested. At 173cm with the short stem I love it :)

Good luck with yours!