Help with new DJ bike choice

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Hi,

When I was younger I used to ride BMX including odd races but mostly dirt jumps. Fast forward to now I have just sold a BMX trying to relive my past however I never got on with the small wheels and I'm looking at picking up a DJ bike to help bring back my confidence and fitness. I will only be riding pump tracks and small jumps so nothing extreme
I am 170cm tall 67kg (if that helps)

I have had my eye on the Polygon Trid 2018 model (https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/polygon-trid-dirt-jump-mountain-bike) and the 2018 Dartmoor Two6 Player ( https://www.bikes-by-ascension.com/product-page/two6player) as they seem to be great looking bikes.
I don't know the difference between specs or sizing and would appreciate some advise on these bikes or something in a similar ball park (sub $1500)

Thanks

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Nice, Thanks for the reply's.
I was leaning towards the dartmoor I have just sent them an email chassing some details. Is there any other bikes that would suit in this price range?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dartmoor has more colour options available.

brakes aren’t all that important on the dj, grab the dartmoor.
You aren't doing 3 hour enduro DJ drops on your DJ ride? Sure I shuttle IP, but who brakes on the way up?

Shimano deore is only about $100 when it is time to flip off that SRAM.

That Marzocchi fork on the Dartmoor is probably enough to seal my deal!

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Going to Shimano had already crossed my mind as my other bikes all run Shimano.
Guess its just time to pick a colour for the dartmoor then.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is a worthy contender.

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
This is a worthy contender.

They are some solid choices, I will contact the La Bamba in Croydon as I live in Victoria and might be able to make the trip.
Not sold on the colour but the spec seems great for the price.
thanks for the links

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dude...that looks fucking sick!!! Now let's talk upgrades.

It came so fast too.

Can you post some close ups on those forks please?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Nice looking rig!

I've dealt with Casey a few times and it's been nothing but a pleasure. Awesome service!