Help me find a fork - 37mm offset 140/150mm

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sorry, quick quarantine breach - but I need the brains trust.

37mm offset 140-150mm fork - where are the deals at the moment? Anyone got a good used one...? Stock availability and/or geoblocks are making it tricky.

Its an odd offset and I really don't want to spend megabucks... Can get a Fox, but rather exxy. Would like to try something like a Suntour or X-Fusion. Or the RS Gold RL look ok for the dollars.

Will it wreck a frame designed for 37mm to have a 44mm on it...?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
NSD have lovely Ohlins m.2s with 38 offset in stock. They ain't cheap tho.

Haakon

I would have money on you being unable to tell the difference in a blind test.
Is that you in your avatar doing silly things at Lake Gordon dam? I nearly had a heart attack just walking out and looking down....

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Is that you in your avatar doing silly things at Lake Gordon dam? I nearly had a heart attack just walking out and looking down....
Aye. The bit at the top is ok because you are kicking off the wall like a normal abseil. It's about a third of the way down where the curve means you are about 20 metres from the wall hanging in the middle of a lot of nothingness that feels a bit lonely

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Sorry, quick quarantine breach - but I need the brains trust.

37mm offset 140-150mm fork - where are the deals at the moment? Anyone got a good used one...? Stock availability and/or geoblocks are making it tricky.

Its an odd offset and I really don't want to spend megabucks... Can get a Fox, but rather exxy. Would like to try something like a Suntour or X-Fusion. Or the RS Gold RL look ok for the dollars.

Will it wreck a frame designed for 37mm to have a 44mm on it...?
What's the budget. Suntour is a good option if you can get their higher level. This has their PCS damper which I rate and seems a good price at the moment (should be able to use a first order code as well) https://www.srsuntour.us/collection.../auron-rc2-pcs-15qlc-27-5?variant=37546781646

Only think is it's 44mm offset

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would have money on you being unable to tell the difference in a blind test.
I'm not so sure mate. This is not my experience but a friend of mine's. He bought a Yeti and the dicks at the shop put the wrong offset forks on it. For months he rode the thing hating it. He always complained that something wasn't right and the guys in the shop told him there was nothing wrong. Finally he decided to upgrade to a set of Fox 38's when they came out and got them from another shop so they had the correct offset for his bike. He only found that the original forks had the wrong offset when the new shop took them off to replace them.

He now raves about how good the bike feels and handles compared to how it was with the wrong offset forks on.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I'm not so sure mate. This is not my experience but a friend of mine's. He bought a Yeti and the dicks at the shop put the wrong offset forks on it. For months he rode the thing hating it. He always complained that something wasn't right and the guys in the shop told him there was nothing wrong. Finally he decided to upgrade to a set of Fox 38's when they came out and got them from another shop so they had the correct offset for his bike. He only found that the original forks had the wrong offset when the new shop took them off to replace them.

He now raves about how good the bike feels and handles compared to how it was with the wrong offset forks on.
Can't say I've ever ridden a 37mm offset fork. However one of my rides is designed for a 51mm offset, and I have ridden both a 51mm and a 44mm on it (currently has the 44), and I'll be buggered if I can tell the difference.

Haakon

Now he tells me... Well, ill suck it and see - the cheapest 37mm i could find was a Fox Performance for many many dollars more. Maybe the Suntour will turn up in the For Sale section later on!

A RS Gold RL in 37mm would have been a good budget option, but unobtanium at the moment.