Helmets

Switch

huskier headed gent
So took a punt and bought a Leatt Gravity 4.0 "sight un-fitted". My head measures 59ish-cm so I went with a LARGE. Initial fit was a little tight (predominantly around my forehead).
Hey fjohn, considering purchasing the Leatt Enduro 4.0 in a large sight-unfitted as I am also a huskier headed gent and wondered what helmets you have had in the past as a guide for fit. I normally run a Fox helmet and comfortable in a Giro or Smith but the TLD's just don't fit my head so curious to know what you have run in the past?
Appreciate the thoughts of anyone else who has used the Leatt helmets too.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Hey fjohn, considering purchasing the Leatt Enduro 4.0 in a large sight-unfitted as I am also a huskier headed gent and wondered what helmets you have had in the past as a guide for fit. I normally run a Fox helmet and comfortable in a Giro or Smith but the TLD's just don't fit my head so curious to know what you have run in the past?
what's your head circumference in cm? and what sort of head shape? head shape sometimes determines what fits, and what doesn't fit a given brand, even if the cm range is the same for a given size, IMO - eg if you have pressure points in a certain helmet.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
The leatt gravity I bought replaced a giro remedy full face.

My half lid is also a giro

Switch

huskier headed gent
what's your head circumference in cm? and what sort of head shape? head shape sometimes determines what fits, and what doesn't fit a given brand, even if the cm range is the same for a given size, IMO - eg if you have pressure points in a certain helmet.
That's exactly why I am trying to get some feedback on those who have used the Leatt before. No idea what head shape I have as always just gone with Big! I have a 62cm head and the Large Leatt Enduro 4.0 is 59-63 so in theory should work but my Smith Maze Mips ski helmet is XL 63-67 and a firm fit, similarly with my Thor Sector moto helmet it's a XXL 62-65cm. Currently using a Fox Flux L/XL which is 59-64cm. I would love to try one on but living rurally there are none around.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Thought I should put in an update for anyone looking at the Leatt Enduro 4.0 who stumbles across this thread. Fit for me was perfect with a similar fit to my Fox XL. They are not the lightest of helmets but that was expected. A lot of the reviews state that you can't fit the chin guard while the helmet is on and while it is a little fiddly after you get used to it, it is definitely doable and I don't bother taking it off now to convert. Definitely happy with the purchase and would recommend to anyone considering a convertible helmet.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Has anyone tried the 7IDP PROJECT 23 ABS? It's on special at Echelons Sports.
ABS is the cheap one. It's also comes in fibreglass and carbon. We have a fibreglass here that #1 son wears as his full enduro helmet.