Helmets

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My daughter would like that ! She's currently running a "Future World Champion" helmet with rainbow stripes ... no pressure.
Sweet. Who doesn't love rainbows though. Just remember that line between "Future World Champion" and fanaticism is very fine. Just saying. :)

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Update: Just ordered a Bell Sixer Nips thingy from Pushys on sale.

Looks much more open on top than the Giro + has a 'brow slot' and 'sweat channeling' or something. Will report back.
The "brow slot" and "sweat channeling" just mean that it stores up your sweat in a pad above your eyes and dumps it at an inopportune moment when you raise your eyebrows...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The "brow slot" and "sweat channeling" just mean that it stores up your sweat in a pad above your eyes and dumps it at an inopportune moment when you raise your eyebrows...
So I’ve gotta frown the whole time I ride?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thread revival !

So #2 son wants a new fullface for chrissy.

He is hell bent on a Troy Lee Designs D3 :rolleyes:

Now I have tried to convince him that the D3 has zero airflow and will be hot as all f%#k ! He currently has a Proframe and wants a bit more protection.

I am trying to get him to get the 7iDP Project 23 helmet from Pushys in Fibreglass or Carbon.

Both helmets are DH certified and I am trying to make him look past the TLD bling name and go for a similar rated helmet.

It does look while they are rated the same, the TLD will off a little bit more protection but they are both way above the Proframe he has at the moment.

Any experiences with either ?

Carbon

Fibreglass

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Thread revival !

So #2 son wants a new fullface for chrissy.

He is hell bent on a Troy Lee Designs D3 :rolleyes:

Now I have tried to convince him that the D3 has zero airflow and will be hot as all f%#k ! He currently has a Proframe and wants a bit more protection.

I am trying to get him to get the 7iDP Project 23 helmet from Pushys in Fibreglass or Carbon.

Both helmets are DH certified and I am trying to make him look past the TLD bling name and go for a similar rated helmet.

It does look while they are rated the same, the TLD will off a little bit more protection but they are both way above the Proframe he has at the moment.

Any experiences with either ?

Carbon

Fibreglass

He who pays the piper calls the tune?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No kid wants to look like their lame ass dad...
As someone with a very strong resemblance to their father I can understand this. Though he now has significantly more hair than I do...it turns out dad's can make good bald jokes.

It more resembles the shape of the delivery driver. He seems to be there a lot.
The postman always knocks twice.

moorey

call me Mia
Dad your such a noob...TLD are the only company that make full face helmets.
*You're

Simple solution @ozzybmx, if he wants the TLD, he has to pay the difference. We did this with phones for the kids. Said we'd buy them the iPhone7 for christmas a couple of years ago. If they wanted an upgrade, they had to pay the extra on top.
*disclaimer: haven't looked at the Seven IDP for years, so I can't recall price

ozzybmx

*You're

Simple solution @ozzybmx, if he wants the TLD, he has to pay the difference. We did this with phones for the kids. Said we'd buy them the iPhone7 for christmas a couple of years ago. If they wanted an upgrade, they had to pay the extra on top.
*disclaimer: haven't looked at the Seven IDP for years, so I can't recall price
The 7iDP is more expensive than the TLD.

The TLD D3 is a 2009 helmet, must work well as its survived 12 yrs with only a paint job update every few years.
More modern helmets have came a long way.

moorey

call me Mia
The 7iDP is more expensive than the TLD.

The TLD D3 is a 2009 helmet, must work well as its survived 12 yrs with only a paint job update every few years.
More modern helmets have came a long way.
Jebus, no way I’d be buying a teenage helmet regardless of condition :oops:,

ozzybmx

Jebus, no way I’d be buying a teenage helmet regardless of condition :oops:,
Haha... sorry the D3 was designed and released in 2009, its still sold brand new in original design.

It's a new D3 he wants... but air flow is pretty bad compared to the new age helmets.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It's a new D3 he wants... but air flow is pretty bad compared to the new age helmets.
I'm going to vote with the whipper snapper on this one, especially if it's cheaper. TLD is super comfortable, if he already has a Proframe then he can continue to use that on days when airflow is a prime consideration.

On the other days, his prime consideration will be what looks good, and that 7iDP thing is fucking butt ugly. Making your kid go out and ride with his mates wearing that thing is grounds for a visit from Child Services.