Helmet MET Limar OR ??

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Recently I bought a new helmet which i had problems with from day one . My problem with it was I was not able to find a store to go and check it out . So what I got was the fit i wanted and it looks great but the adjuster kept coming undone on the trail and after fighting for a while with the store I eventually got my money back .

The helmet its replacing is a Limar 104 which was awesome but crashes have a way of ruining relationships . I have looked at a couple of LBS but not too impressed with the lack of range available ( I know everyone can`t keep everything ) . I`m narrowing my search to MET Terra and Kaos and the Limar 888 , 885 , 757 but would like to see them in the flesh so does anyone know where I can look at these in the Wollongong , Nowra area or point me to one I have missed . My riding is varied I race XC and ride ( on the XC bike ) very rough natural trails 3 - 4 times a week so I need something well venting and durable but good for XC racing or i buy 2 .

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have had good experiences with Limar helmets. I catapulted OTB on a steep decline at great speed, couldn't stop my head from crashing onto rocks because of the inertia of the forward flips I had done and then slid down an embankment about 5m, I came out of it in one piece unhurt, except for a couple of skinned knees and elbows.

Sorry! I can't help you where to view them but their sizing is pretty well the same across the helmet ranges.

Last edited:

Brickonabike

Cannon Fodder
X2 for Limar

T-boned a car yesterday on my road bike while doing about 40, catapulted over the car & landed on my head. Limar helmet probably saved my life. I haven't seen it yet as I'm still in hospital but my wife reckons there's hardly a scratch on it. I can't tell you off hand what model it is but I paid top dollar for it at the LBS, money well spent.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
T-boned a car yesterday on my road bike while doing about 40, catapulted over the car & landed on my head. Limar helmet probably saved my life. I haven't seen it yet as I'm still in hospital but my wife reckons there's hardly a scratch on it. I can't tell you off hand what model it is but I paid top dollar for it at the LBS, money well spent.
Hope you recover quickly mate. Drivers fault or yours?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Recently I bought a new helmet which i had problems with from day one . My problem with it was I was not able to find a store to go and check it out . So what I got was the fit i wanted and it looks great but the adjuster kept coming undone on the trail and after fighting for a while with the store I eventually got my money back .

The helmet its replacing is a Limar 104 which was awesome but crashes have a way of ruining relationships . I have looked at a couple of LBS but not too impressed with the lack of range available ( I know everyone can`t keep everything ) . I`m narrowing my search to MET Terra and Kaos and the Limar 888 , 885 , 757 but would like to see them in the flesh so does anyone know where I can look at these in the Wollongong , Nowra area or point me to one I have missed . My riding is varied I race XC and ride ( on the XC bike ) very rough natural trails 3 - 4 times a week so I need something well venting and durable but good for XC racing or i buy 2 .
I had a 757. It was a good helmet until I left it on the parcel shelf behind the rear window of the car on a really hot summers day.....

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not exactly what you're looking at but another couple of options..
I bought a bell slant 2 years ago, really basic helmet but I've had plenty of stacks and it's held up bloody well. Cool to wear.
These days I also have a tld a2 and it's freaking awesome, but warm on hot days but I can deal with it. Love the extra protection and very comfortable too!

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shit mate! Hope you have a speedy recovery

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I use a Limar 787 road helmet, its very good. The pads fell apart fairly quickly (daily use and im a sweaty bugger...), but $15 for a new set of pads was ok.

But get what fits - ignore brand, get the most expensive one you can afford, but make sure its the one that fits. A cheap helmet that is a proper snug fit is going to protect you better than an expensive one that flops about.

Everyone's head is a bit different and I found MET and Bell to be loose around the edges - guess I have a pointy head!

Brickonabike

Cannon Fodder
Hope you recover quickly mate. Drivers fault or yours?
Drivers, gave way to a car in front of me but then entered the intersection. Recovering at home now, must of hit my head harder than I thought because I was actually wearing my other helmet, not the Limar. Sorry about that, it's a Kask. I gave it a kiss but it'll be replaced, you can see where it's taken a whack.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Drivers, gave way to a car in front of me but then entered the intersection. Recovering at home now, must of hit my head harder than I thought because I was actually wearing my other helmet, not the Limar. Sorry about that, it's a Kask. I gave it a kiss but it'll be replaced, you can see where it's taken a whack.
Very lucky ! Can`t see the pic but .

nitro01

Likes Dirt
Always had Limar helmets. 535, 757 SL and now an 885 which I love to bits, saved my head a few times, it's got some scars but still going strong. Fit, adjustment, breathing, comfort, all of them are top notch. Worn it for #Enduro before the rules changed and it's been with me for all day epics.

Definite recommend!