Hazza's Excellent Adventures

moorey

call me Mia
Sorry to hear, man. Been down the anxiety and depression road. No fun, but you’ll get through it with support.
Would be kinda cool if people stopped the ‘how cool is getting blind drunk, and how awesome is alcohol’ garbage around people struggling with addiction and life crises.
Message me or call on 0408820237 if I can do anything, mate.
Old man rant over. Hang in there.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Sorry to hear, man. Been down the anxiety and depression road. No fun, but you’ll get through it with support.
Would be kinda cool if people stopped the ‘how cool is getting blind drunk, and how awesome is alcohol’ garbage around people struggling with addiction and life crises.
Message me or call on 0408820237 if I can do anything, mate.
Old man rant over. Hang in there.
Yeah, I've had a few people make jokes about it but not sure anyone knows how much I've actually been drinking. I used to get over a week out of a 30 slab with someone else and now finishing a bottle of wine in ten minutes isn't enough to get tipsy. Killing my wallet, too.

Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Sounds like you’re talking the first steps, and they’re the hardest.
Seriously man, call if I can do anything. Or even nothing.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Sounds like you’re talking the first steps, and they’re the hardest.
Seriously man, call if I can do anything. Or even nothing.
Thanks man.

Today's excellent adventure isn't gunna be great. Head banging at wizard has fucked my neck, couldn't hold my neck up on the track yesterday and it'd collapse on every landing, too dangerous. Got a call from my old man on his way down to tassie, gunna come help out which is cool. Almost the exact situation we went through for my brother, but no puppies this time.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hazza, really sorry to hear about all this. If you’re overwhelmed it can be hard to see the way out of a situation. Shit things happen to good people.

It sounds like you have some good perspective on what’s happening, so do take advantage of any support you can. People often underestimate how many friends and family really do give a shit about them; depression is a fucker like that.

If you want to, please reach out to me on here privately. Also moorey, despite appearances, is a nice bloke.

Hang in there mate, things can and will get better.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've got support but it's a long way from everything else, but I've lost everything anyway so can't hurt to move away and start new. Trying to move forward, had plans to be married with a family within the next year or two and now I'm single and homeless so wrapping my head around that is difficult but what can I do really but keep going and hope for the best.

Yeah man...it's a good pile of shit to land in. Unravelling everything all at once is freaking hard, pick 'em off one at a time. It's good that you have some support. Is getting closer to it a viable option? It may help to touch base with a professional support service as well. One of my friends recently started using something through life line and is really stoked. Or you can get a referral from your gp etc. These can also be really useful in moving away from addiction which is something family and friends are usually poor at. The "mate you look bummed out, come for a beer..." is so engrained in Australian culture but destructive as well. I went about 15 years without touching the stuff (only had 2 settings - go/broke) and my social circle changed drastically when I decided quitting was my best option.

Lastly you can actually do a lot man. Don't let the wall of issues bum you out, accept control and make a plan. Use the support you have along the way and know that you aren't alone.

Other than having a rubber neck, how was the ride yesterday?

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Ride was great, bit disappointed I messed myself up enough I couldn't ride more. Tracks are insane, keen to come back one day. Was pretty drunk when I rode yesterday, even the people working here said they were concerned when I showed up.

Yep, self destruction. I'm feeling pretty bad for Leah, realise now I went out of my way to ruin her weekend. The band meant the world to her and she had to spend the night looking after me apparently. Hearing more about what I did, it got messier than I thought. Ended up burning an upside cross into my hand listening to Sabbath drinking this morning. Hindsight it's kinda funny but in reality it's not good.

Yep, moving closer to the support. Can't go with my brother, mum owns his house and she's gotta go, so that's out but he's there at least and I saved him when he went through this so it works well. Moving in with my old man Monday, gotta get outta the mountains. Don't worry stirko, I'll still come say G'day some time. Mountains are too small, I know everyone and gotta get out and figure out where to go from there. Had a plan to be married with kids in the next few years and blew it. It is my fault, but my reasoning is because of my mother, so I can't throw blame everywhere but I can in certain directions.

The whole thing about telling people to be a man and having a drink and moving on is true, I was part of that. Didn't do feelings or emotion, ran away from em. Now I'm on the receiving end and it's shit so that's a good eye opener at least. I've got a mental health plan in place already, just didn't get bad enough until last night I realised this wasn't just heart break. Tried to hurt myself pretty badly a few weeks ago on the bike and then yesterday I was feeding it on the bike while drunk, I can accept I was hoping for the worst to happen. Had some words with a bikey fella Thursday night and I'd say I was doing it hoping it'd end up badly. Don't remember it but punched the shit out of a metal sign.

Positive note, apparently a hit with many ladies. They love the 'I'm heart broken and she sold my ticket!' line so I guess I'll keep it up my sleeve.

Old man came down because I called his wife, a better mum to me than my own, last night and told her what I was feeling and they got worried. They're good people.

As are you fuggers. Cheers all. For a guy that hasn't cried in over ten years or ever been emotional or open about feelings it's fucking great to dump it all in here and see some support. You're good guys, I'll start telling some of the good stories from the past year soon.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Wow that sounds like an epic shit sandwich. Don't fall into the self loathing trap, it won't help you or the people you burnt on the way down. Atonement works much better. It's also much easier to do it when you're on the straight and narrow.

I don't have any deep or professional insights, but I have been on the nihilism express and can speak from experience that professional help and loving family/friends are good. Drugs, alcohol and partying are bad. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
Good to see the support is surrounding you bloke. Take the positives - enjoy the ladies, do they things that make you smile. The plan to be married and have kids has a longer time limit than you probably imagine. I was probably 10 years older than you before i started to get those ducks in a row.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Would a picture clear things up?

They do tell 1000 words...wait! I mean, you're talking about Bob's infamous fish and chippery yeah? This could be excessively nostalgic for me as I spent a lot of my childhood playing the video games (double dragon, golden axe, wonder boy...) in the local take away shop. However because it was so seedy I was strictly prohibited from eating there!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Oh, uhhh yeah I meant the fish and chips. Course. This guy gets it though.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
So just had a look through and couldn't see many of the funnies of my story.

When I was moving some stuff outta the house, one of the house mates was there. Can't stand her, used to love her then she lost all her weight and became a proper arsehole. She told me I wasn't allowed into what was 'our' room to grab something, told em all to stuff it and jumped in the car.

Red line neutral bombing in a drive way with a stupid expensive guitar amp in the boot, baaaad idea. Window is gone, dunno if the amp works or not. Couldn't believe it.

Some funnies from tas.

Most of the stories start with apparently, I'm just going by what I was told happened. I do remember boob girl though. And milf lady.

So I'm at this gig, knowing the ex will be there with no idea I'm at a sold out gig, first mistake, still funny though. Talking to a lovely young lady, wearing my favourite singlet. Turns out it works. Mate runs in and says "duuuude she's here". Leah walks past and I'm getting daggers, very unimpressed. Boob girl asked 'is that her? This'll get her, don't worry' and proceeds to follow my singlets instructions.

So, while I was in the crowd, I dunno what I did but I got a tap on the shoulder and slapped across the face, still no idea why. Apologise for whatever I did, can't have been bad cos I had both hands busy with different people, so can't have been that bad.

Ahhhhh milf lady. She started dancing with me half way through, I remember doing some things that should be resevered for a private room, she was nice. Only mistake, I was sandwiching her between me and the ex. Got a feeling she might have seen what I did.

After this is where I don't remember anything. All just stories I've been told.

Tried to jump onto a shipping container. I only made it two inches off the ground, and didn't quiiite make it. Luckily though, my face broke the fall. I wasn't happy about this and picked a fight with a street sign. I also lost a fight with a street sign.

Then we went to a pub. I remember buying a vb, that's it. My bank says I bought something for $20 5 times in an hour, I got no idea. Dunno how or why I was kicked out, but that just adds to the fun. The uber home I don't remember, although apparently they weren't impressed with me either.

Then I was in the ex's apartment. So I pulled my signature move. Pun intended. I genuinely don't know if anything happened, but the other girl staying there, who actually paid for the room had to sleep on a couch cos I was butt naked in her bed.

I asked if anything else happened, so far I've just gotten 'hahaha, trust me, yeah more happened' but I have no idea.

Burning a cross into my hand because of drunk Sabbath, not my finest hour, but I'll say I did a good job considering I couldn't actually see. Riding maydena drunk, while not advisable, impressive.

Stories from before tas. Had a race at Del Rio not long ago, had a few too many the night before and in the morning I had to show some young ones down the track. You'd never guess what singlet I was wearing. Mums don't like it. Except gig milf. Del Sin hungover once ended in 2 surgeries and a broken wrist.

The more stories I hear, I'll post em up.