Sold Hayes Dominion A4 brakes

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Needs a grub screw on both sides. Amateurs.
Had a think about this and a look at the calipers floating around the spares bin, some of them seem to extend the caliper body around this area on the opposite side so it would be a lot riskier drilling there. I think that one would be okay, at least you can hold the caliper against the grub screw while you tighten it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
If you push it to one extreme (towards the wheel) you can then adjust it out with the grub screw. I can't imagine it being fun trying to get to a grub screw on the inside of brake caliper while the wheel is in place... amateur. :)
Great way to compensate for having the pistons in the wrong place. Amateur. ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yeah I figured these would get some attention, not too many sets become available. If nobody grabs them shortly I'll put them on facebook at a more reasonable price ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I've never been more disappointed.
Sorry mate. Some Trickstuff would have been great but outta my price range especially when the more mainstream brakes do such a good job. (Hoping I never test the TS brakes)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Good point, I've got an M3 tap and the allen key size for that would be 1.5mm which is the smallest in my set.

M3 grub screws are in the cart, catch you guys in the fuckwits thread.
I’d step up to 2.6mm drill bit for the pilot hole instead of the specified 2.5mm hole for a m3x0.5 thread, these grub screws are doing SFA so don’t need a 2.5mm pilot hole for a tight fit. Snapping off a m3 tap would suck badly. What caliper is going to be sacrificed? This monkey business is on my to do list, fine adjustment sucks balls of Guide calipers.

As DC pointed out, drill and tap both sides

2.6mm bits here

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I’d step up to 2.6mm drill bit for the pilot hole instead of the specified 2.5mm hole for a m3x0.5 thread, these grub screws are doing SFA so don’t need a 2.5mm pilot hole for a tight fit. Snapping off a m3 tap would suck badly. What caliper is going to be sacrificed? This monkey business is on my to do list, fine adjustment sucks balls of Guide calipers.

As DC pointed out, drill and tap both sides

2.6mm bits here

But I'll never make it too the fuckwits thread that way...

The tap is of the spiral flute variety, I'll get my eye in on some old calipers that have just been gathering dust but all going well I'll do the fleet which consists of Codes, Guides, V4s and E4s.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Yeah I figured these would get some attention, not too many sets become available. If nobody grabs them shortly I'll put them on facebook at a more reasonable price ;)
As I’m not on bookface. I’d like to offer $474.98. PM payment details