'Hats all folks!

safreek

If only you’d bothered to even read my original post….
Hmmmm, I'm sure you must have done a sneaky edit as I didn't see the wish to get melanoma, or I must have just skim.

But be warned, when the body chopping starts you will wish you had put anything on your head regardless of wankerism.

I hope you protect yaw arms as well, they get shit on them that take pretty solid cutting to get rid of.

moorey

call me Mia
Forgot to add that some of us look stylish wearing any hat, others look like they should be flushed
You only THINK you do. We’re all mocking you.
Interesting you’ll wear a hat…but too vain/stubborn to wear a helmet riding your fully sick bikes. Yeah, I’ll take your advise :D

safreek

You only THINK you do. We’re all mocking you.
Interesting you’ll wear a hat…but too vain/stubborn to wear a helmet riding your fully sick bikes. Yeah, I’ll take your advise :D
Difference is that you fellas believe a helmet will save your Noggin, whereas a hat truely will.
If helmets were soooo good why don't those of us that work on roofs and other height related jobs wear them.
Government would mandate the use of them on building sites for sure.
I'm not talking about construction helmets but proper strap on helmets.

C'mon mate, your up to explain that, don't tell me you don a helmet for every ladder climb

safreek

But let me show you the main cause of head injuries, this is from the Mayo clinic so I assume they know more than the average cyclist.
Look at the very top

safreek

Funny…I don’t see skin cancer on there.

Also….have you considered that there’s not a mention of cycling head injuries BECAUSE of helmet wearing?

Are you familiar with Survivor bias?
They do mention cycling, but the main cause is the little things we do every day, climbing a ladder, using stairs, that sort of stuff.
To be honest it seems strange to me that the law prohibits riding a bike without a helmet on roads (recreational) but don't force it onto the workplace.

I feel I am much more at risk of a fall in my workplaces than a bike.

I will also wear a helmet today when I go to couple tracks today that I don't know. I am not against helmets but like everything, time and place is the thing

Minlak

custom titis
Lol - I love how arguments get twisted to support whatever bias you want - on the one hand @safreek is arguing why are helmets not ordained for everyday things whilst on the other hand arguing he doesn’t have to wear a helmet as it’s his personal choice and responsibility - lol - if you really have concern your personal choice and personal responsibility would see you wear a helmet all the time.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Missed this whole thread but I wear a straw Quicksilver or Ripcurl waterman hat for most shit outside.
Coopers 425ml can promotion seen me gather 6 free straw hats last year so been living in them.

Had a 'hold my beer' moment in Derby last week where 6 chicken boys stood on the side of the Ringarooma river holding a rope swing... all scared to swing and jump.

Nek minnit 50 yr old Tarzan flies through the air and causes a catastrophic failure to his straw Coopers hat... tore the top 3/4 off it, now badly superglued together but still going.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The large straw hats are the best for sun cover, but they take up a lot of space. They all end up getting crushed at my place because something ends up on top of them. I usually take the collapsible fishing hats when I go away, I don't care about aesthetics as along I don't get sun burn and heat stroke it works for me.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
The large straw hats are the best for sun cover, but they take up a lot of space. They all end up getting crushed at my place because something ends up on top of them. I usually take the collapsible fishing hats when I go away, I don't care about aesthetics as along I don't get sun burn and heat stroke it works for me.

View attachment 384257
One of the best parts about getting older (turned 57 in November) is the lack of fucks i give about other people's opinions of me.

Bucket hats are great because they can be folded.

Straw hats are cooler to wear.

I've been known to wear a Fedora too, but the brim is too small for general protection.

As someone who's spent a lot of time in the garden, a Coolie hat was top of my list.

I could see Moorey in a Molly Meldrum style straw Stetson though ;)

safreek

if you really have concern your personal choice and personal responsibility would see you wear a helmet all the time.
Well tell Moore's that, I'll shout him a stackhat if he promises to wear it everywhere.
I'm not advocating for a helmetted world, just consistent rules and regs, seems strange that the govt interfere with recreational road biking but not worksite health and safety