'Hats all folks!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Ok, I haaaaaaaaaate hats, and 98% of hat wearers, but as a cueball, I avoid the sun any time I'm not wearing a helmet.
Even with sunscreen, it sucks, and I can't stand the direct heat on my noggin.
Problem is...I haaate hats. Caps look stupid on me, and unless I look like a moron tucking in my ears, they cop the sun also.

Confided in the wife, and of course she's trying to spruik my worst nightmares like fedoras and hipster newie hats. I'd rather die an early death of melanoma.

Around home doing shit outside, I either rock a big straw hat or basic brimmed fabric hat, but hate them, and look like an even bigger wanker than usual. No mean feat.

What to do? I can't be the only kojac on a forum of old flogs that is in this bind? I'm not a vain man, but I have my pride.

Is there a hat wearable in public that doesn't make you look like all the losers out there wearing hats?
Yeah there is...but it pays not to be self conscious. At all...

I'm constantly on the look out for decent hats that actually protect you from the sun rather than look good. As a result, few are fashionable. The Solbari floppy out the back hat is one of them but another comes from Avenel Hats and another from the safety shop...

But the other more common winter hat is a Dot & Co canvas wide brim thing that I am very comfortable with.

I think the key is to not be so self reverent...

ualf

Likes Dirt
Ok, I haaaaaaaaaate hats, and 98% of hat wearers, but as a cueball, I avoid the sun any time I'm not wearing a helmet.
Even with sunscreen, it sucks, and I can't stand the direct heat on my noggin.
Problem is...I haaate hats. Caps look stupid on me, and unless I look like a moron tucking in my ears, they cop the sun also.

Confided in the wife, and of course she's trying to spruik my worst nightmares like fedoras and hipster newie hats. I'd rather die an early death of melanoma.

Around home doing shit outside, I either rock a big straw hat or basic brimmed fabric hat, but hate them, and look like an even bigger wanker than usual. No mean feat.

What to do? I can't be the only kojac on a forum of old flogs that is in this bind? I'm not a vain man, but I have my pride.

Is there a hat wearable in public that doesn't make you look like all the losers out there wearing hats?
I‘m under the impression you are based in the Ballarat area, surely you are aware of the fine establishment in Gordon.