'Hats all folks!

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, I haaaaaaaaaate hats, and 98% of hat wearers, but as a cueball, I avoid the sun any time I'm not wearing a helmet.
Even with sunscreen, it sucks, and I can't stand the direct heat on my noggin.
Problem is...I haaate hats. Caps look stupid on me, and unless I look like a moron tucking in my ears, they cop the sun also.

Confided in the wife, and of course she's trying to spruik my worst nightmares like fedoras and hipster newie hats. I'd rather die an early death of melanoma.

Around home doing shit outside, I either rock a big straw hat or basic brimmed fabric hat, but hate them, and look like an even bigger wanker than usual. No mean feat.

What to do? I can't be the only kojac on a forum of old flogs that is in this bind? I'm not a vain man, but I have my pride.

Is there a hat wearable in public that doesn't make you look like all the losers out there wearing hats?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ok, I haaaaaaaaaate hats, and 98% of hat wearers, but as a cueball, I avoid the sun any time I'm not wearing a helmet.
Even with sunscreen, it sucks, and I can't stand the direct heat on my noggin.
Problem is...I haaate hats. Caps look stupid on me, and unless I look like a moron tucking in my ears, they cop the sun also.

Confided in the wife, and of course she's trying to spruik my worst nightmares like fedoras and hipster newie hats. I'd rather die an early death of melanoma.

Around home doing shit outside, I either rock a big straw hat or basic brimmed fabric hat, but hate them, and look like an even bigger wanker than usual. No mean feat.

What to do? I can't be the only kojac on a forum of old flogs that is in this bind? I'm not a vain man, but I have my pride.

Is there a hat wearable in public that doesn't make you look like all the losers out there wearing hats?
Be sun safe mate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
One of my friends father's died from a melanoma on his head. I don't plan on going the same way, so I wear a hat often. I assure you that I do so knowing I look like an obnoxious fuckwit. I have the added bonus of my head being relatively small for my overall size. Thanks to the good old days of the CRC clearance bin and $400 delivery threshold I have a sizeable collection of 2008-12 era flat brim caps so big I have no choice but to tuck my ears in to keep them on my head. Good luck! Tell yourself you're doing it ironically...I had the bike riding youth program/centre at the time and that was how it all started for me. Now I just do it to reduce exposure.

moorey

call me Mia
And another thing....I have a couple of caps I like the theory of (came with a bike or memento of a race series). They all have that big gold sticker on the brim. People seem to leave those on. Why? Isn't it just like a tag? Asking for a friend...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Come to think of it, you mentioned pitch - but I still have you down as a pith helmet type of guy. Naomi will approve I'm sure!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
And another thing....I have a couple of caps I like the theory of (came with a bike or memento of a race series). They all have that big gold sticker on the brim. People seem to leave those on. Why? Isn't it just like a tag? Asking for a friend...
"So you know it's genuine"

Dumbest shit ever.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
In my 20s (due largely to living in a party house) I acquired a large sombrero somehow.

Obviously it was huge and stupid but I started wearing it outside when weeding gardening and quickly cottoned on that it offered many benefits, not just verandah level sun protection, but also a handy heat buffer. Also breathed really well. Soon I was wearing it at music festivals - where it was stupid popular; mainly cus no one really seemed to know what to make of a normally dressed person wearing a sombrero. It was less popular in mosh pits. It was big and dumb, but it worked. I kinda miss it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
You’d look smashing as a full goth.

Tried the invisible zinc sunscreen? I’ve already had one melanoma cut out.

moorey

call me Mia
Can I please return to the 40's when it was socially acceptable and mandatory to don these abominations?