Has the 2nd hand market changed yet again?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I reckon more new bike availability this year and next is gonna smash the 3-5K second hand market.
Most places still quoting late 2022 and even into 2023 for delivery of new models... Not sure the 2nd hand bubble is that close to bursting. Certainly people are cooling off a bit on paying $6k for a 7 year old bike, but the demand is still there - I sold two bikes last week in a matter of minutes from posting on FB. Could have shifted them for 30% higher in hindsight.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Most places still quoting late 2022 and even into 2023 for delivery of new models... Not sure the 2nd hand bubble is that close to bursting. Certainly people are cooling off a bit on paying $6k for a 7 year old bike, but the demand is still there - I sold two bikes last week in a matter of minutes from posting on FB. Could have shifted them for 30% higher in hindsight.
And I suspect it’s a 14-16 month window that keeps moving along, let’s review this around Easter 2022 and see where it’s at.

Facebook groups for shop owners have some screen shots of b2b portals with eta’s, some utterly nuts eta, maybe it was full Xtr groupset, April 2024.

moorey

call me Mia
I’m looking forward to normalcy so I can sell stuff at non COVID prices and not lay awake at night knowing the seller is relisting immediately with added tax.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I reckon more new bike availability this year and next is gonna smash the 3-5K second hand market.
Lots to suggest that the supply chain woes in general are not going to ease for some time yet.

Could be interested in some 26 kit
I'll get in touch in JAnuary to list what I have, but it's frame, whole bunch of wheels and tyres, forks, etc.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Lots to suggest that the supply chain woes in general are not going to ease for some time yet.

I'll get in touch in JAnuary to list what I have, but it's frame, whole bunch of wheels and tyres, forks, etc.
Bloody oath, years of pain ahead still.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
+1 Still pretty hot where I'm sitting. All those first timers still holding onto their bikes just in case and the retail backlogs are still there. The groupset shortage seems to still be in play. I think the stupid money is gone now but still pretty high compared to pre-covid.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
yes things are really bad atm and if this adblue shortage happens well,,, FFFFFFFFFFFF.

Plus just shipping cost in general is nuts now, i looked at importing some shit from china and some places were quoting around 1500 dollars just for shipping but to be fair i was trying to buy some batteries weighing over 100kg soooo.

but even just shipping fees on fitness equipment is nuts, usually about 500 dollars shipping for a 45kg item so i expect the price of new and used gym equipment to start spiking if they haven't already.