Handle bars on a 29er?!

willis26

Squid
Hey Guys!

I'm looking at getting a 2015 Specialized Camber Evo.

The bike comes with a fairly long stem and flat bars.

I'd change the stem over to something shorter but would putting riser bars change the performance of it to much?
I get the idea of keeping the front end low, but I really don't like flat bars.

Any advice???

Thanks, Will.

moorey

call me Mia
Hey Guys!

I'd change the stem over to something shorter but would putting riser bars change the performance of it to much?

Any advice???

Thanks, Will.
Low rise bars. Ain't rocket surgery.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
If you have a riser bar in the shed or if you can borrow one off a mate then try it. I suspect you will feel a bit too upright and tall in the saddle.

If you have a few spacers under the stem ... maybe you can ditch them and put a riser.

If you are just swapping spacers for bar rise ... then the flat bars are prolly alright. i think you will find the bars aren't flat per se, they will be zero rise with prolly 7 to 9deg back sweep ... prolly comparable to a slammed stem and a 20mm riser bar

T-Rex

Template denier
If you are changing stem anyway, see if you can get one with a bit more rise than standard, and have a play around with the spacers. This might save you the cost of a set of bars. At the end of the day it's about your hand position relative to everything else, not the actual rise or lack of in the bars.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Hey Guys!

Any advice???

Thanks, Will.
Will, the answer to this question depends entirely on how the bike fits you. I wouldn't go with more rise if the bars are equal with your seat height, but if they are lower than your seat then you probably have some options ( this also depends a bit on what you are used to riding)

Need pics of the bike with your current setup ( seats at full height)