Hacks

Who are you?

• Total voters

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brilliant... because there is no way to carry a bike on/in a sedan that doesn't involve dragging it along the ground?

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Just added a tubeless repair insert tool too my edc

Using a dremel I cut the threaded section of a used CO2 cartridge and butchered a cheap weldtite tool to expose the metal shaft then epoxied them together.

I cut a tyre on Saturday and could have done with this then but at least it’s ready for the next time.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Ha ha. That’s me

Up till installing this hack I’ve used the canister mainly for stashing a bit of cash. Super handy for beer/coffee. Wanted to continue to do that but the bacon bits are a bit sticky

So dug an empty toothpaste tube out of the bin and voila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the Weldtite kit? I bought one a while back and gave it to a mate, can't remember where I got it.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Not sure where it came from but I’ve found them for about 5euro from Bike24 along with some other options.

I’ve got a few things to get from one of the Euro bike retailers so will add in a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Looking to make a fork mount bracket for a front light out of some 1.5" aluminium square bar. There's going to be a lot of material that needs to be removed, has anybody had any experience with a setup like this?
https://www.bunnings.com.au/dremel-220-01-workstation_p6200017

EDIT: Probably should clarify, I am mainly after comments about the little Dremel workstation thing in the link and whether it will be up to the task but feel free to share your forkwit confessions about fork mounted lights as well.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Why the fork? Isn't that going to affect the light's throw a lot? Or is mainly just for visibility on the road?
It's for the fat bike and with the current bag setup I can't get anything on the bars to work without going stupidly high, hoping this will provide some useful illumination to complement the helmet mount light.

DMan

It's for the fat bike and with the current bag setup I can't get anything on the bars to work without going stupidly high, hoping this will provide some useful illumination to complement the helmet mount light.
View attachment 354887
Yeah, I suppose if you're running a good helmet light it's a bit of additional light. What light are you trying to fit?

JOSHY7

Likes Bikes
Yeah, I suppose if you're running a good helmet light it's a bit of additional light. What light are you trying to fit?
It would be possible with the dremel but super painful and possibly take weeks and big dollars in tooling.

Also the flex lines that remotely rotate the bit, can be problematic as they tend to operate more like a torsion spring when put under load. It’s more of a jewellery thing.

I would modify the design so you can cut the bracket out of a flat sheet of Aly then have it bent up (or bend it yourself) to create the 3D shape required.
The bolt that holds the light could also be what keeps the bracket in its shape and stiffens it.
Get creative and stay away from the dremel.

DMan

Last edited: