GX Eagle - shitty shifting solved!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah apologies - that'll learn me for skimming before opening my big mouth...

I still cant believe how much SRAM (or Shimano?) gouge customers for little parts like these, ridiculous!
He did say "B screw bolt" Ones a bolt and the other is a screw.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
He did say "B screw bolt" Ones a bolt and the other is a screw.
Mostly I was just too lazy to take some photos... The B Bolt has some nice wear on it, and you can see where the bore of the body is just die cast and not machined out - ie crappy tolerances...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Mostly I was just too lazy to take some photos... The B Bolt has some nice wear on it, and you can see where the bore of the body is just die cast and not machined out - ie crappy tolerances...
Yeah looks cheap, I'm assuming this is a newish 12 or 11 speed, I've only ever owned Shimano drive gear bar 1 bike and only seen an old 8 speed altus derailleur worn enough at the hanger bolt to caused issues. Possibly shimano has a few failures too but they seem to get the mileage out of them.

Last edited:

cdw1008

Squid
As I can’t get any links to work on this forum, can someone tell me if this is the B bolt kit that is being talked about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Looks like it. SRAM part number for the kit should be 11.7518.076.010 (X01 version). It’s about 9 bucks cheaper from @Haakon’s eBay source, and 5 bucks cheaper from mtb direct if you can top up the order with other stuff to get free shipping.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
We have about 15 bikes in our arsenal all Shimano deailleurs.
Never been tempted w SRAM and after this gouge .
It looks like a deliberately crappy job to differentiate from the better stuff.
IMHO the 12 speed eagle 10 -50 is over the top and hopefully will die an early death like Trump.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't think sram are going too well out of geo blocking, already seen a recal on one of their lower fork legs.

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
Figured this is the best place to ask this stupid question without making a new thread: on a new bike fitted with full NX/GX eagle kit, could I remove the shifter and derailleur and send them for the hills, and swap them directly with M8100 XT derailleur and shifter?

Intuitively I would think yes, but the bike industry has surprised me like this before.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Figured this is the best place to ask this stupid question without making a new thread: on a new bike fitted with full NX/GX eagle kit, could I remove the shifter and derailleur and send them for the hills, and swap them directly with M8100 XT derailleur and shifter?

Intuitively I would think yes, but the bike industry has surprised me like this before.
Apparently Shimano 12 speed has a 3.55mm cog to cog spacing on the cassette compared with Eagle’s 3.65mm, but it seems they can function together.

Don’t let surprise cloud your cynicism.

Haakon

Looks like it. SRAM part number for the kit should be 11.7518.076.010 (X01 version). It’s about 9 bucks cheaper from @Haakon’s eBay source, and 5 bucks cheaper from mtb direct if you can top up the order with other stuff to get free shipping.
Maybe I put the wrong link in... Gst is tricky on eBay and mtbdirect postage put it up (I really didn’t need anything else...)

This was the cheapest I found.

Haakon

If you tune it for the middle of the cassette the indexing is out by 0.5mm at each end. Some peeps reckon it’s fine, others not.

I’d give it a go, you can get m8100 shifter and mech for around $250 on AliExpress. Worst case is it doesn’t play nice and you drop more on a cassette and microsoline freehub (if you can)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I've got one of the new ztto ones here, happy to review when build is finished. New car put the brakes on it. Manitou need to hurry up with mezzer, and dominions in a decent colour.

DbD

Likes Bikes
GX mech and X01 bolt kit makes a cheap X01 mech...

But wait until I get the bolt kit and confirm it works for sure!
According to this thread from MTBR, the XX1/X01 bolt works on GX. The thread also has install instructions.
https://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-...nks/xo1-derailleur-bolt-gx-eagle-1102087.html

"There is a small groove on the back side of the derailleur hole where the bolt goes. If you look at the back, you will see a small spring clip. You use a small pick to catch the edge of the clip and pull up on it. Then work the rest of the clip out of the groove and then then bolt can be removed. X01 and XX1 doesn't use the clip, just a pair of o-rings."