GX Eagle - shitty shifting solved!!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I reckon im going to go the new Deore 11 speed with an older M8000 XT shifter. 11-52 cassette on a normal freehub.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
So trying to adjust my bgap, have the little white tool and all, but turning the screw doesn't appear to be moving the deraileur at all. Anyone else have this issue?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I feel like this is heading for the fuckwits thread shortly..
Are you turning the right screw?Is the end of the screw in contact with the stopper? Is your chain on? Clutch not locked out? Have you pulled something apart earlier?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
screwing it further is what sets your B gap... does your derailleur pivot freely on the B Bolt, grab it and rotate it clockwise (towards the back of the bike) it should move and then spring back till that screw touches that stopper again.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Mr Claus fixed my boys issues with SLX 12spd shifters and derailleurs.

I did my best to help old Santa out but neither of us could locate XT anywhere on the planet, ended up with the last 2 clamp mounted SLX shifters from BikeBug and the last 2 12spd SLX derailleurs from Merlin, they arrived on the 23rd.

Only got 1 fitted last night as I am on 12hr day shifts, x-mas eve and today. Will be beers and fit the other tonight when I get home ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You can run SLX 11spd off a Sram shifter can’t you? With a Sram cassette ?
Should google it but on my phone and half drunk
You can but one of the good blokes here said it was better with the Shimano shifter.

I was up for getting rid of the whole lot anyway.

Minlak

custom titis
You can but one of the good blokes here said it was better with the Shimano shifter.

I was up for getting rid of the whole lot anyway.
Yeah if I’m gunna do that I’ll just go 12 spd anyway so I can get EV mount shifter

treble

Likes Dirt
I picked up an X01 Bolt kit from MTBD as part of a recent order with hopes this might improve my GX Shifting.
Can I confirm this is still a worthwhile mod from @Haakon others who have tried it? or should i just start saving for more Shimano parts?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I picked up an X01 Bolt kit from MTBD as part of a recent order with hopes this might improve my GX Shifting.
Can I confirm this is still a worthwhile mod from @Haakon others who have tried it? or should i just start saving for more Shimano parts?
You can pm planko for a free spacer kit to try first if you want?

Worked on a mates bike, and so far no complaints from Greendream. I'm pretty keen to see if such a simple fix is actually viable so the more guinea pigs the better

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yes, its a worthwhile mod - with a caveat.

If the bore where the b bolt goes has worn too much, even the X01 bolt wont fix it. But if you caught it early, its a "permanent" fix.

I sought a warranty replacement from SRAM on a 2 1/2 year old GX mech whinging about the crappy shifting and sloppy b bolt, and they coughed up a new one. Put the X01 mod into the new one and its been good since i did it.

Still doesnt have multi upshift... Am putter M6100 with an M8100 shifter on the new bike!!

treble

Likes Dirt
PM incoming Planko

Ok cheers @Haakon. I'll have a look at both fixes.
I’ve actually got a second near new GX mech that I replaced when it developed heaps of play. I thought was caused by a trailer rack because I noticed it after a shuttle day but perhaps it was just shitty manufacturing tolerances. Will report on findings.

Last edited: