Guess what is wrong with this chainring

PJO

in me vL comy
This chainring is utterly useless, can you guess why.

EDIT: Supposed to be a NW chainring.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
No narrow wide, just alternating offset same widths. Weird, someone programmed the CNC with a hangover?

• Haha
Reactions: PJO

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Apparently...."The new Stronghold narrow/wide chainring uses a patented hooked tooth design that grabs and holds the chain around the ring when riding without slowing down release at the appropriate point. This creates excellent chain retention and eliminates the need for a chain guide."
I'd be interested to see how it works

PJO

in me vL comy
Apparently...."The new Stronghold narrow/wide chainring uses a patented hooked tooth design that grabs and holds the chain around the ring when riding without slowing down release at the appropriate point. This creates excellent chain retention and eliminates the need for a chain guide."
I'd be interested to see how it works
With the one I have the only way to get the narrow half of the chain link on to a tooth is with a hammer, probably would hold it pretty well once it was on though!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
With the one I have the only way to get the narrow half of the chain link on to a tooth is with a hammer, probably would hold it pretty well once it was on though!
Have you tried sitting a chain on it? It does look a little messed upo_O