QLD SOLD GT iDrive

i_s

Likes Bikes

SOLD

Item: GT iDrive frame & float RL shock (mid-school???)
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: Surplus
Price and price conditions: FREE TO GOOD HOME -pick up only.
Extra Info:

Circa 2008-ish (?) iDrive frame with newer Fox Float RL shock. This has been collecting cobwebs since about 2012. It has 5 inches of travel (from memory). Comes complete with some paint chips etc as typical.
This frame will take all your old-school cool bits and pieces: straight steerer, non-boost rear hub, Front Derailleurs!

The shock was replaced about a year before retirement (thanks qantas), but will no doubt need a service. It hasn’t been moved or inflated since being hung up.

Pictures: yes

Last edited:

i_s

Likes Bikes
I’m 185 cm. I like sunsets he beach and my favourite food is ice cream.
And how tall are you?
I’m 185 cm. I like sunsets and walking on the beach and my favourite food is ice cream.

jokes aside, this was a traditional large size from back in the day when XL was huge and you wouldn’t dream of sizing up. But... 100mm stems were also pretty normal still.

safreek

I'm unconvinced that this xc frame will handle 200mm dh forks, but I'm keen to see the video

Sent from my Xperia XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk
Naar, should be all good. I would put an old z1 on it, perfect. I really am getting weirdo, getting normal as such.
Still looking for a 180+ mm fork for the mongoose if any become spare(and cheap)

dazz

Downhill Dazz
If you ever decide you're done with this, let me know. The medium I got is on the small side, the large would fit much better. I also have a 32mm Talas that will be spare very shortly. It does however need an o-ring or 2 somewhere in the air spring assembly as it sinks in the travel if just riding around on bike paths, if using the travel it works great. Extending the fork reset's it and it's good again, I think it must be one of the o-rings for for the travel adjust function... Probably one of the really freakin' small ones. Also got that Shock Works fork too.

safreek

If you ever decide you're done with this, let me know. The medium I got is on the small side, the large would fit much better. I also have a 32mm Talas that will be spare very shortly. It does however need an o-ring or 2 somewhere in the air spring assembly as it sinks in the travel if just riding around on bike paths, if using the travel it works great. Extending the fork reset's it and it's good again, I think it must be one of the o-rings for for the travel adjust function... Probably one of the really freakin' small ones. Also got that Shock Works fork too.
Hi dazz, I like the idea of the shock works fork but can only offer the loot I mentioned in my message. Will remember you if on the unlikely chance I get rid of it. Cheers