Greetings to the community

safreek

Hi, just started biking again after 30 something years, bmx was the go back then. Started biking again about 6 months ago and relearning was as easy as, well, riding a bike. I have 3 old bikes which suit whatever I want to do. I have an old norco 125 for when I go to the city, never to old to hit the concrete jungle. I have an old cannondale for daily duties around ballina although I had it in south aussie. I also have a nameless hardtail with dual crown forks, bloody mad as, I do check the headtube for cracks on occasions, got it at a garage sale. Thanks for letting me join the club/site

safreek

Welcome. Nothing at all wrong with old school.
Thanks Benny, I suppose most of my bikes are pretty old compared to you fellas. Bloody good fun though. Got back into biking cause the son was to sad or busy to take the grandson riding, said grandson has now developed an unhealthy obsession for those scooter thingy. At least it got me back riding, I think I still bounce well for my age

safreek

It has marzocchi forks of some description, single speed, hydro front brake and cable rear, very dangerous bike in the wrong hands, very short and the knees nearly smack the jaw, piece of crap to pedal but seems to handle OK on basic bumpy dirt roads, will be changing frames when finances allow.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The steel is real! That dual crown is a freeride beast. Johnny will be trying to cash you up for it before the week ends.

safreek

The steel is real! That dual crown is a freeride beast. Johnny will be trying to cash you up for it before the week ends.
I think the big forks looks pretty good on it myself, not any hope of me selling. The frame does have a very nifty feel compared to my other bike

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
Thanks Benny, I suppose most of my bikes are pretty old compared to you fellas. Bloody good fun though. Got back into biking cause the son was to sad or busy to take the grandson riding, said grandson has now developed an unhealthy obsession for those scooter thingy. At least it got me back riding, I think I still bounce well for my age
Compared to who???

My newest mountain bike is a 2011 Scott spark 26 inch wheel
Also have a 2000 gt I drive in the shed. I have no drama with old bikes.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Nah just go without everything else.

Bikes are worse than crack.

Edit: mine aren't up, but they could be classed as new and expensive (reasonably average is how I put it). Why drink heavily or have televisions when bikes are rad?

safreek

Nah just go without everything else.

Bikes are worse than crack.

Edit: mine aren't up, but they could be classed as new and expensive (reasonably average is how I put it). Why drink heavily or have televisions when bikes are rad?
Looks like cheap bikes for me, need mah yarndi
to enjoy a good ride. Big spliff at the end makes it all worth while. Good painkiller for us oldies as well

safreek

Thanks for the welcome mate, been a load of info discovered here and many ideas thrown at me. Sure as shit more useful than magazines (mtb)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just thought everyone was made of cash on rotorburn judging by most of the bikes
That's just me and 2 other blokes. Everyone else is normal. One dude sold a kidney so he could go carbon! Sucked in to him though, it was just before 26 died and he didn't plan ahead!