Got Pain? The youtube and google crash video thread

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Didn't know this thread was here.

This is the sound of real pain. Crash at 3:30 at Mt Buller which got me air lifted back to Melbourne with spinal fractures. Didn't stop me walking out first though!

I watched it through my fingers

I think the more pain you're in, the less noise you make. Pretty sure I could only manage shallow grunts when I decided my spine was too long and squished it a little.

How long ago was it? How you going mending up?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
This crash was in Feb. Had 6 weeks in a BOB brace, 3 months off work and pain for about 7 months. Things are slowly improving, but it still aches at the end of a long day, or strangely, when it's really cold weather. Back riding though, don't think I'll ever be quite as fast.....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
This crash was in Feb. Had 6 weeks in a BOB brace, 3 months off work and pain for about 7 months. Things are slowly improving, but it still aches at the end of a long day, or strangely, when it's really cold weather. Back riding though, don't think I'll ever be quite as fast.....
I crushed my T4 in June. Was using a brace for support only, so no need when I wasn't walking around, and out of it entirely at about 2 months. Wasn't allowed to drive until 3 months, still can't work.

Pain is improving, but not gone, and plays up at night/in the morning. Also got this weird sharp referred pain across the right rib that attaches to my t4. The docs and physio says it's all soft tissue now, bones have done most of the healing and should be fairly close to full strength by now.

Have you been seeing a physio? Because they've made a big difference in a short time with seemingly small excercise routines. Might be able to rid yourself of the ache? And possibly with no ache there's no reminder and you can get back to normal riding? That's what I'm telling myself at least

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk