Got any stock ? Looking for a component ? Its in stock !

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Where is the chain hotspot at the moment ?

I have used 4 x 12spd chains in the last few weeks, #2 son needed a new cable this afternoon and a quick check put him very near 0.75mm... another one gone.

My stocks are down to 1 x 12, 2 x 11s and 2 x10s :oops:

They were lifting them and taking them to races as spares and not returning them to the drawer, I have found brand new chains laying places that they shouldn't be in the past.

Everyone has denied touching any since the last time I read them the riot act.

Little #%&#$@% cost me a fortune.
Georges have Deore starting at $35 up to XT at $69

Jpez

Down on the left!
12 speed PYC chains at MTB Direct, $44.95 - 49.95.

Next time I order from them I'm going to try the 10 speed chains in that range.
I did consider one of those but reviews around the traps leave a lot to be desired. super quick wear, noisy etc.
I’d say mtb direct have brought these el cheapo chains in because they can’t get the big S’s in

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Where is the chain hotspot at the moment ?

I have used 4 x 12spd chains in the last few weeks, #2 son needed a new cable this afternoon and a quick check put him very near 0.75mm... another one gone.

My stocks are down to 1 x 12, 2 x 11s and 2 x10s :oops:

They were lifting them and taking them to races as spares and not returning them to the drawer, I have found brand new chains laying places that they shouldn't be in the past.

Everyone has denied touching any since the last time I read them the riot act.

Little #%&#$@% cost me a fortune.
Ybn are good chains and seem to available on ebay. I run the 10s S series and it works well. I prefer them to KMC and they wear better than Wipperman.

12s https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YBN-SLA...-/143966303400?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

11s https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YBN-CHA...-/303122171519?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

10s https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YBN-S10...-/293043029001?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

The grades of chains are:
Ti - as in actual titanium chains
SLA - XTR level
S - XT/Deore level

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What's that saying again?
A bit of a vent.

It been a few weeks of mass damage, breaking shit that I told them was going to happen, repeatedly telling #2 son about going out train shuttling in the rain, smashing brake pads, cables, rotors, linkages, bearings, chains ect... I keep telling them I'll make them pay for the new shit and they agree, then they cruise out the door and shuttle in pissing rain and mud, then come home filthy and need their shit fixed... and I pay for it.

I don't even ride in the rain and mud as I know what it does to my bikes. I'd grab a gravel bike if I really had to ride and hit the tarmac in the National Park.

ozzybmx

Could always slow down the repair shop when rain is forecast. Or throw in an unscheduled fork rebuild....
"Oh sorry mate. You'll have to take the single speed hardtail. The big bikes getting it's suspension done."
Tried that, he trashed my hardtail a few weeks back, dunno how he managed to not tear the semi expensive Ergon SM Pro saddle when he crashed but he did manage to ride over a glass bottle and tear a brand new Wild AM2 from the bead to the middle of the tread.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Why not just make them wait a week or three? "Sorry mate, waiting for the replacement part from Germany. Seems to be stuck in Frankfurt Airport. If you need it running sooner you can pay full-whack locally. The rate you're breaking stuff I have to shop around for the best deal available...".

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Why not just make them wait a week or three? "Sorry mate, waiting for the replacement part from Germany. Seems to be stuck in Frankfurt Airport. If you need it running sooner you can pay full-whack locally. The rate you're breaking stuff I have to shop around for the best feal available...".
They've been told... the world is running out of parts and prices are creeping up. I have a good stock of brake pads and stuff here but I reckon I have went though 10 chains since xmas, 3-4 of those were twisted beyond saving, all due to an earlier crash that I was not informed of or a knock to the derailleur and instead of coming home immediately, have continued to ride with their mates until a granny shift put the mech into the back wheel.

Not checking tyre pressures or burping and continuing to ride until they dong the rim is another big issue here.

I reckon I will down tools and go on strike ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ybn are good chains and seem to available on ebay. I run the 10s S series and it works well. I prefer them to KMC and they wear better than Wipperman.

12s https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YBN-SLA...-/143966303400?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

11s https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YBN-CHA...-/303122171519?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

10s https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YBN-S10...-/293043029001?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

The grades of chains are:
Ti - as in actual titanium chains
SLA - XTR level
S - XT/Deore level

That first YBN chain looks like a fake, the finish on it is terrible. I bought a 10 sp ybn from aliexpress and I'm a bit suspect on that too but it looks way better than the one pictured on that fleabay add.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That first YBN chain looks like a fake, the finish on it is terrible. I bought a 10 sp ybn from aliexpress and I'm a bit suspect on that too but it looks way better than the one pictured on that fleabay add.
I can't comment as I don't run 12s or the sla level chains, but Ebay isn't exactly the place for super accurate pictures.

ozzybmx

Dont know why but I am feeling a bit worried about my depleted stock of bicycle consumables, the shortage getting widespread and the increasing prices, getting the urge to gather like an idiot hoarding toilet roll on a coronavirus outbreak.

I have a shopping cart sitting at Pushys right now with...

2 x 12 Shimano chains
3 x 12 Sram chains
3 x 11 Sram chains
1 x set N03A pads (already got 1 spare set)
2 x set D03S pads
1 x 12spd XT der (#1 son is buying it)

I can run the 2 x 12 Spd Shimano on my 2 bikes, that will give me 4 spare 12's for theirs, 5 spare 11's and 2 spare 10's.

Basically I cant buy my regular KMC X series chains anywhere now, everywhere is out of stock.

Also cant get my usual Trickstuff Power pads from anywhere so will have to go with Shimanos to cover me on the 2 new bikes running quad piston Shimano brakes.

Got a good stock of pretty much everything else.

EDIT: After posting this, I bought it, we need it and I am not paying LBS prices for a shit chain or $65 for set of pads.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I was going to buy a Tannus tubeless insert but I think a spare chain and a couple more brake pads might be the go. Actually I should seriously consider a backup Sunrace 11-46T cassette..

Minlak

custom titis
I was going to buy a Tannus tubeless insert but I think a spare chain and a couple more brake pads might be the go. Actually I should seriously consider a backup Sunrace 11-46T cassette..
Why? - To me a cassette is the least likely thing you need a back up of over many many other items