Got any stock ? Looking for a component ? Its in stock !

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Another year of sparse components, this is about the 3rd time recently I have looked for an appropriate thread to post similar info.

Pushys has stock of XT shifters, derailleurs, cassettes and crankarms. Still low on chainrings.

All full price plus covid tax.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Another year of sparse components, this is about the 3rd time recently I have looked for an appropriate thread to post similar info.

Pushys has stock of XT shifters, derailleurs, cassettes and crankarms. Still low on chainrings.

This is a good thread for stock alerts.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Yeah, try to get 10 speed stuff like xt shifters.

ozzybmx

With Pushys 15% off has driven the price of their RaceFace cranks down to buy worthy territory at $440. The other options are nearly all SRAM or eThirteen.

The cranks on my Spur are 790g Deore M6100's including 32t chainring. So replacing these are definitely part of the diet plan.

I have owned a set of Next SL G1's from 2014 with no issues, rode them on 3 different bikes and eventually on my Evil Following which I sold with them on it.

The Next SL's are now at Gen 5 with improvements made in durability, stiffness and weight. They also do another enduro/AM version now which is slightly heavier called Next R.

The Next R's are 490g with a 32t ring
The Next SL's are 428g with a 32t ring

I am leaning towards the Next SL's over the R's due to past experience. I know there is a bit for Next SL hate on here but has anyone had any experience with these new Gen of SL's, good or bad ?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Running the 2014 version but newer version it is quite common from threads on MTBR for pedal spindles to pop out and plastic pre load collar is not as nice as the metal on the 14’.

I would say go for it. Weight weenie savings and if they break they are pretty good with warranty so I hear. Maybe just don’t the boys huck to flat on the Spur.

If you haven’t done so already maybe flicking through MTBR thread for feedback;

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/raceface-next-sl-1x-crankset.888126/page-34

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
With Pushys 15% off has driven the price of their RaceFace cranks down to buy worthy territory at $440. The other options are nearly all SRAM or eThirteen.

The cranks on my Spur are 790g Deore M6100's including 32t chainring. So replacing these are definitely part of the diet plan.

I have owned a set of Next SL G1's from 2014 with no issues, rode them on 3 different bikes and eventually on my Evil Following which I sold with them on it.

The Next SL's are now at Gen 5 with improvements made in durability, stiffness and weight. They also do another enduro/AM version now which is slightly heavier called Next R.

The Next R's are 490g with a 32t ring
The Next SL's are 428g with a 32t ring

I am leaning towards the Next SL's over the R's due to past experience. I know there is a bit for Next SL hate on here but has anyone had any experience with these new Gen of SL's, good or bad ?
This sounds more like a question than a stock alert!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I believe [mention]ozzybmx [/mention] is just seeking some positive confirmation bias.

I’ll give him some - no experience with the latest RF cranks but they are strong, reliable & good looking and he should buy them.

ozzybmx

MTBR thread for feedback;
All the MTBR threads finish in 2018, there's nothing after that. Up to the Gen 4's only.

The G5's are apparently better lay up and have addressed the pedal thread issue.

Searched my history and here are a few of the G5 reviews I read.

They talk about the 12spd Shimano compatible chainring, I cant see any reason why I cant run the SL ring instead.

shiny

All the MTBR threads finish in 2018, there's nothing after that. Up to the Gen 4's only.

The G5's are apparently better lay up and have addressed the pedal thread issue.

Searched my history and here are a few of the G5 reviews I read.

They talk about the 12spd Shimano compatible chainring, I cant see any reason why I cant run the SL ring instead.

Aaa…bummer. Reviews look good. Do it! ;)

ozzybmx

Aaa…bummer. Reviews look good. Do it! ;)
Its done :)

I have a Cinch black 32t ring here, 2 x BSA30 BB's and the BB tool so I only need the crank arms.

Wondering if there is a difference between my 5-6yr old 32t Cinch ring and the new Cinch rings. The new ones say 10-11-12spd but the offset may be different.

shiny

Its done :)

I have a Cinch black 32t ring here, 2 x BSA30 BB's and the BB tool so I only need the crank arms.

Wondering if there is a difference between my 5-6yr old 32t Cinch ring and the new Cinch rings. The new ones say 10-11-12spd but the offset may be different.
Good! Let the weight weenie begin.

I think the 10-11-12 is for SRAM non 12spd Shimano. I think you need the SHI 12 ring to mesh with the fancy new chain:

https://www.raceface.com/products/1x-chainring-cinch-direct-mount-shi-12

might have to use the gooGle.

shiny

I dont know if I like being held to the 1 chain manufacturer, most of the spares we carry are KMC so might just have to go with the non-Shimano.
I think it’s only needed if running the new 12spd Shimano chain.

ozzybmx

I think it’s only needed if running the new 12spd Shimano chain.
Looks like people suffer chain suck running a 12spd Shimano chain on regular rings, which is a stupid move by Shimano.

Apparently if swapping to another chain on a Shimano setup, the shifting is not as nice.

So the Shimano chain must be narrower than other 12spd chains. This will mean a new chainring will be required to run Shimano 12spd on non-Shimano cranksets.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Looks like people suffer chain suck running a 12spd Shimano chain on regular rings, which is a stupid move by Shimano.

Apparently if swapping to another chain on a Shimano setup, the shifting is not as nice.

So the Shimano chain must be narrower than other 12spd chains. This will mean a new chainring will be required to run Shimano 12spd on non-Shimano cranksets.
Not so much that it's narrower, rather the inner link plates are longer, so they extend past the rollers rather than being flush. Basically the wide part of the outer link space is shorter than a normal chain, so it doesn't fit on the fat teeth of chainrings that aren't designed for it. You can run non-Shimano chains on the Shimano-spec rings, but other shaping details mean they don't grab quite as nicely on the cassette ramps when shifting.