Got any stock ? Looking for a component ? Its in stock !

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Missus just got out of hospital after a 'womans' op, I was on carers leave as she wasn't allowed to do anything.

Start of the school hols... 2 of their mates came over to stay for the night and ride our local trails.

I lined the 4 of them up and told them I didn't want any stupid shit and to take it easy as I was looking after the missus and didn't have time to run after them.

2 hours later I was in the local Foodland (first time in a supermarket in 10-15yrs) and the phone rings :mad:

Took the idiot to emergency, I got out 12 hours later at about midnight after he had surgery, was back at 5am and he got out at about 10am.

Separated AC, possible cracked collarbone, broken arm and broken wrist.

There were 5 people filming this from different places, its been sent to PinkBike Friday fails by about 3 of them.

He gets the full arm plaster cast cut off next week... thats 6 weeks since the crash. He was using arm and shoulder 2 weeks after it happened.

I uploaded one to youtube as an unlisted video, so you can only see it if I post the link.

I've said this before, but I'm sure our your kids are related to mine.
Most recently, 'don't send it too much, you have state hockey trials this week'
2 hours later, getting X-Rays for broken scapula. FFS.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Time to bust out some reverse psychology - "Send it you wimps! If you don't clear this gap I'm disowning you!", "But Dad I'm scared..."

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Time to bust out some reverse psychology - "Send it you wimps! If you don't clear this gap I'm disowning you!", "But Dad I'm scared..."
Sadly doesn't work... they will remind you what you said too. Then the missus will also chime in, defending them...'baaaaaw you told them to do it' :rolleyes:
A strong possibility of more people injured and definitely bike damage if there was no bodily damage.
Dinged or flatspotted rims, destroyed tyres, torn saddles, scored stanchions...

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sadly doesn't work... they will remind you what you said too. Then the missus will also chime in, defending them...'baaaaaw you told them to do it' :rolleyes:
A strong possibility of more people injured and definitely bike damage if there was no bodily damage.
Let me know if you devise a solution, I'm all ears.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Can't you line them up with jobs as bike durability testers? I'm pretty sure some brand would hire them!

ozzybmx

Let me know if you devise a solution, I'm all ears.
I have one but they don't like it.

Yous are not f€(king riding !

Got a policy about crashing and not telling me, they will pay for all parts resulting from damage... usually wrapping a derailleur into the spokes because of a bent hanger a few days after the secret crash which could have been avoided if I had a chance to straighten the hanger.

My new one is about riding train shuttles with their dickhead enduro-bro mates in the pissing rain and mud. Any damage from muddy rides will be paid for themselves, including new brake pads, chains, rotors, suspension bearings, bb, headset ect

I don't ride in the wet, mud or pissing rain due to the wear and damage it can do to my bikes, you can be 200% sure I'm not fixing other people's out of my pocket so they can trash theirs in shit sloppy mud.

ozzybmx

1. A really late term abortion.

2. North African slave markets.
3. Harden the f%#k up and be the parent you signed up to be. We created these little unruly wayward cycling beasts, teach them they ways so they can be grumpy old men some day too. Right now they are just teenage boys not thinking and making unrational decisions with their Amygdala as their Frontal Cortex is currently under construction.
I wouldn't change it for the world... still doesn't mean I cant have a whinge here ;)

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
3. Harden the f%#k up and be the parent you signed up to be. We created these little unruly wayward cycling beasts, teach them they ways so they can be grumpy old men some day too. Right now they are just teenage boys not thinking and making unrational decisions with their Amygdala as their Frontal Cortex is currently under construction.
I wouldn't change it for the world... still doesn't mean I cant have a whinge here ;)
Yup! Are yours old enough to work yet?

ozzybmx

Haha nice. I assume they have to save up for their replacement parts and fixes?
Not really, I only threaten them with the bill, I still replace all their stuff free of charge but they buy their own upgrades... or scab mine for free, they have pillaged all the gear taken off the Spur already.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
4. Get them into Harry Potter and talk them into boarding school. Preferably interstate so they can't come home on weekends.
  1. Bonus marks if you can get them into the school that Wyn and Eddie Masters went to, so they can move into a van in europe the moment they finish school.
  2. Channel the spirit of Joe Jackson and let the music industry have 'em.
  3. Build a 3 storey house with the kids at the top and parents on the bottom. Make sure the fridge, tv, ps5, and couch are on the middle floor.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

My rule is if you break stuff trying, I'll replace. If you break it doing stupid shit (jumping into dam, ghosting bikes into jumps etc) the problems all yours. Same for anything else i.e. shoes, clothes, other gear.
They have bought a few new things that they broke but usually items like derailleurs, I threaten chains and brake pads but always give in.