• giant glory

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • orange 223

Votes: 42 57.5%

• Total voters

ya_frizz

Likes Dirt
giant glory or orange 223.
hi all i was wanting your opinions on these two bikes?
im into DH and im wanting to buy one of these frames and build it up.
i want a frame that is strong and versitile and
feels good to ride.
what's your opinion?

thanks marcus

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There’s been a thread just like this, you might get more info out of that, search and it might pop up.

The orange is a very different frame to the glory, the glory is more of a plough and not pick lines bike, where as the 223 skips over obstacle and likes to go fast, real fast. It all depends on your riding style, the oranges can be tricky to ride if you don’t know how too, they have a lot of brake jack so you need to brake at the right times instead of whenever you feel like it. If you want more of an all round bike, go the glory. If you want a faster dh specific bike, go the 223.

Hope this helped. :)

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
What ^^^He^^^ said.

But I'd still reccomend a 223 over a glory because in my PERSONAL experience the warranty for the glory is on paper only and in my experience they're not out to look after their customers.
100% Orange.
Giant sucks.:mad:

Jase

mikietwohill

Likes Bikes
giant glory for sure

I've had a 07 Giant Glory for about a month now and its brilliant. Also fox 40's are great forks for the bike your building up if you haven't already got forks. I highly recommend you to go for the giant. :)

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I own a 223, have been racing it for nearly 2 years.

In August this year I was in Canada and did some back to back runs on my mates Glory at Silver star bike park.

So my first impression of the glory was that it doesn't corner as nice as the Orange, fast corners or more techy style, the Orange just corners so much better. The next thing I noticed was that the Glory ate up repetitive high speed bumps with ease whereas the orange suffers with these, big hits felt the same but those high speed bumps really punish you on the Orange. I also noticed the Glory is a lot more heavy but they can be built up to a decent weight if you have lots of cash. My mate really liked my Orange too but to be honest I would be happy to own a Glory or a 223, they are both really nice bikes.

top_dog

Likes Dirt
There’s been a thread just like this, you might get more info out of that, search and it might pop up.

The orange is a very different frame to the glory, the glory is more of a plough and not pick lines bike, where as the 223 skips over obstacle and likes to go fast, real fast. It all depends on your riding style, the oranges can be tricky to ride if you don’t know how too, they have a lot of brake jack so you need to brake at the right times instead of whenever you feel like it. If you want more of an all round bike, go the glory. If you want a faster dh specific bike, go the 223.

Hope this helped. :)
Thats the melodramatic version of it.;)

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What ^^^He^^^ said.

But I'd still reccomend a 223 over a glory because in my PERSONAL experience the warranty for the glory is on paper only and in my experience they're not out to look after their customers.
100% Orange.
Giant sucks.:mad:

Jase
what problem did you have with your glory that you needed warrenty?

havnt been many glorys that need warrenty in my experience, theyre a burly frame and arnt prone to failure in any way. they eat terrain, theyre fast, but you pay a weight penalty. orange singlepivot / giant maestro is a purely personal preference argument, in respect to suspension design. both are proven to work unreal.

after the amount of failures in oranges, i feel safer on a glory.

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i cant comment on the 223 as such. but i do own a 222. and ive ridden and raced a glory on a few occasions. things that i found were: the glory is alot harder to sprint on and pedal off the start. the oranges jumps alot better and hope alot better than the glory. if you are running flats the glory is better through rocks. but if your riding cliped like i do the orange is pretty dam good too. orange courners alot better, you generally have to be more selective of your lines on an orange. even after riding a glory for three weeks, i didnt feel anywhere near as fast as i do on my orange. so if your riding flats and your not that good at picking lines and prefer to plow. probally go the glory. but if you ride clips (trust me try it, its fuckin aworsome) then i would go the orange

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Sh*t customer service!

what problem did you have with your glory that you needed warrenty?

havnt been many glorys that need warrenty in my experience, theyre a burly frame and arnt prone to failure in any way. they eat terrain, theyre fast, but you pay a weight penalty. orange singlepivot / giant maestro is a purely personal preference argument, in respect to suspension design. both are proven to work unreal.

after the amount of failures in oranges, i feel safer on a glory.
I cant find the pictures anywhere, but my glory had a problem where a cross brace on the top of the rear triangle would hit the seat tube at full bottom out, It caused a small ding in the metal.
I noticed this and took it to the shop where I bought it, they were cool that there was some problem with the frame/shock (though slightly amazed that is could happen) and contacted Giant about it. Pictures were duly sent to the warranty guy at giant who seemed sceptical (his job I suppose) so I called him and he said he wanted to see the not just the frame but the whole bike. Once again the shop were cool and sent it down on their freight account.
Long story short the warranty guy said that I had taken the shock out and deliberately cycled the suspension through its full travel causing the ding so that I could claim a new frame on warranty :confused: even though the shop owner backed my side of the story and there is no logical reason for me to sabotage a perfectly good frame only to receive the exact same type of frame in return.:confused:

The shop were a bit confused and pissed off about this, as was I. They then sent the shock off to get sussed out by Fox who said that a small amount of shocks had been incorrectly assembled at the factory and that was what had caused the problem, they repaired the shock and all was good.
What left a bad taste in my mouth was Giants inability to work with a customer who had a problem with one of their top of the line bikes and they immediately assigned blame on me when the shop was clearly stating that this was not the case.

Hence why I will never purchase another Giant product again and I will tell all who ask to avoid them like the plague.:mad: