Global Orange 222 + Patriot + Ms Isle + Five + Prestige

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Five latest

Ms Isle

Prestige

Patriot

222 Finished! Page 3 for more

April 2008 Morgan Tsvangirai defeats Mugabe in the Zimbabean parliamentary election, the first Korean cosmonaut gets launched toward the international space station, Wesley Snipes gets 3 years for tax evasion and Frenchy finally finished building his push bike.

Unfortunately the bike's future was short lived and less than 4 months later it had met it's demise in the form of a 2ton Hilux.

Model : MC Benny

The bike was a write off. The swingarm was also bent. And although this improved my ability to turn left 3 fold, steering to the right was considerably more difficult.

A gentleman however came to the rescue and lent me an old 222 frame to strap around on which is still currently running.

Excuse the mud. 2.5 hour drive back from k-worth, beers needed to be consumed.​

DSCF5395.JPG

The old man kicked up a stink for me leaving what was the remains of the bike lying under the house so I decided to try and get it back together.

Manage to source a swingarm off a good friend
DSCF5396.JPG

Then sent a couple of emails to orange and this was result. ;)

DSCF5397.JPG

Hopefully I can manage to get my hand on set of xt 4pots and a couple of other old school bits to compliment it.
Going to get it sandblasted along with the front end over the weekend and get this little puppy rolling!

Last edited:

frenchman

Attacked the swingarm today. Front end got sandblasted but found some paint stripper so gave that a go on the swingarm and decided I'd do the lowers as well. Didn't realise how harsh the paint stripper was on the skin. Thought I had been bitten by a bull ant!
DSCF5402.JPG

Also building up a little 4x / thrash bike. Used to have an Evolution until the headtube parted...
DSCF5398.JPG
DSCF5399.JPG
And this is the current commuter / xc bike.
DSCF5401.JPG

Last edited:

rtd

Likes Dirt
Do you go to QUT? Think I've seen that Chameleon or one very similar to it at the bike racks :p nice bike. Looking forward to seeing the 222's revival.

Last edited:

frenchman

Killer little bikes they are Winno. Always good to tag on to the back of some roadies around southbank / city area :)

It actually belongs to a very good friend who is overseas for quite a while. So just making sure she's still running prime....

Yeah rtd, I'm usually out at QUT. Should go over to Kelvin grove however. Nursing / arts students are the goods.

Jarrad

Likes Dirt
Updates ASAP Frenchy! Looking forward to seeing the end result. Excuse my ignorance if you have already said so, but what colour will the frame and fork be?

Winno

Likes Dirt
Killer little bikes they are Winno. Always good to tag on to the back of some roadies around southbank / city area :)
Dude, with the right set up, it's no problem jumping the gun on them and holding it on the Chameleon.

How's the Orange going?
Moar pics pls

heavyp

You heard it here first
Let me know if your interested what size shock you have, as i bought a rockshox blackbox rear shock off sean mccarroll a few years back, it was off his orange 22 global when he was on the team.

Think its a 200/210mm eye to eye with 2.75 stroke

frenchman

Dropped the frame off at the powder coaters last week. 2-3 week backlog due to the flooding crisis up here.

Got some other bits in the meantime.

Finish on the 440's is looking a bit rough so going to get them anodized to freshen them up a bit.

And just need to decide on what levers to put on the little xt's!

Also got a dhx 5 on the cheap as well. :)

Attachments

frenchman

Slow progress of late due to losing my job because BCC shut down the river. But picked up the frame none the less. Back to living on beans and toast...

IMG_0031.jpg