Glitch with CRC purchasing using Paypal?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I just attempted to pay for a CRC order using Paypal and got the following message (back in the CRC web page) after clicking on "confirm order" in Paypal:

"realex.errorCode.There are not enough funds left to fulfill this payment"

Knowing that there were enough funds to cover the payment, I tried again and the same thing happened. 10mins later I received 2 Paypal invoices for the the same payment; it had in fact gone through - twice!

In the past when I've clicked on "confirm order" using Paypal, I then get a CRC screen with confirmation of the order, receipt etc.

I've disputed this in Paypal and it should be fine getting my money back, but I guess this a warning to others not to just keep on hitting the "purchase" button when CRC is telling you the payment hasn't gone through. I'll also take this up with CRC when they get back in the office.

Minlak

custom titis
I have an open dispute with PayPal and for the last 24 hrs it's been telling me I have no disputes and when I try to reopen the dispute it says I can't due to an open dispute. I am assuming PayPal is having a few glitches.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I have an open dispute with PayPal and for the last 24 hrs it's been telling me I have no disputes and when I try to reopen the dispute it says I can't due to an open dispute. I am assuming PayPal is having a few glitches.
Sounds like it. I don't keep funds in my Paypal account, so when I make a transaction it takes them from my bank account. Seems like the glitch here is Paypal not talking to the bank and CRC seeing that as no funds available.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Just called Paypal and they claim that there is no problem at their end (payments were made) and I can't dispute the transaction as I made it knowingly. I'm really baffled as to why CRC haven't sent me 2 receipts or even acknowledge the transactions/order in my account. So where has the money gone??

Minlak

custom titis
Did your PayPal balance reduce by two payments or do you nog know how much you had before? You should bad able to see your transaction history with PayPal and see if two payments came out. I have noticed before little system glitches that seem to right themselves in a day of so. Just checked my account and my dispute is back there and all as it should be.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Did your PayPal balance reduce by two payments or do you nog know how much you had before? You should bad able to see your transaction history with PayPal and see if two payments came out. I have noticed before little system glitches that seem to right themselves in a day of so. Just checked my account and my dispute is back there and all as it should be.
2 payments definitely came out of Paypal and are marked as 'completed'. It usually takes a working day or so before my actual bank account is then debited.

I also had a CRC voucher which was deducted from the amount owing before I went to pay - strange that this was deducted both times as it was a voucher for a set amount that should not have been included in subsequent transactions.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Check with crc they are not sending your order twice then give it 24 hrs and see if it comes good. There seems to be some fail safes go into effect sometimes.