Glenworth is Back

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pic #2, is that berm huuuge - or are you just expected to drag your shoulder along the rock on the inside?

@beeb you're obviously not familiar with how 97% of NSW riders hit berms! I have drawn the line that will be taken through that corner for your reference. You'll see the piss weak yellow line for most Jerrys, red death line for the hero Jerry skidding it out when they realise they don't know how to turn, and the pussy arse purple arrow to indicate the angle most of their bikes will be on through the corner. (Prediction based on the way almost every berm in my usual riding locations between Newcastle and Sydney has been abused by the Jerry froth crew.)

Screenshot_20230225-114641~3.png

Bring on the froth!!! The more hype the better. This thread needs more pit vipers and dogs.

So, entirely hypothetically if we actually were building a major gravity-based bike park with tech, flow, and jump trails near Sydney we shouldn’t expect a visit from you guys then?
From me, it's not likely. This has nothing to do with your trail building or the other froth lords that have been involved. There is already a lot of good quality riding in the area that is free. I prefer to support the clubs and (sadly too few) brave government bodies currently providing these and encourage more rather than pay a private enterprise. I also think the location has poor accessibility. From what I know of the area if you aren able to drive there in a car, you aren going to have an easy time of getting there. In an era of attempting to curb our addiction to climate changing behaviour and fuels this seems a bit disingenuous, especially when the area is well serviced by a train network that can deliver riders to a lot of space that could be turned into some awesome riding with a low environmental impact. Of course convincing people that don't ride (and are obviously sad cunts) that a bunch of bike trails in national parks is a good idea is not as easy as building trails.

So, entirely hypothetically if we actually were building a major gravity-based bike park with tech, flow, and jump trails near Sydney we shouldn’t expect a visit from you guys then?

You guys do know we built Maydena Bike Park, right? MBP has arguably the most diverse trail network in Australia (including the countries biggest network of hand-built gravity trails). The nearest McDonalds is nearly 100km away…

Aaah more marketing bubbles from a contingent that subbie built trailz fall apart more easily than the average pack of skittlez.

Here is an easy one - show an approved DA from central coast council for the glenworth Maccas you have sold the icecream dream on

No Maccas can go ahead without an approved DA right?

dirtart

Likes Bikes
We must have missed the bit where we confirmed that we were involved in this project.

We don’t sub contract our trail building, so can only assume you’ve got us confused with someone else.

Aaah more marketing bubbles from a contingent that subbie built trailz fall apart more easily than the average pack of skittlez.

Here is an easy one - show an approved DA from central coast council for the glenworth Maccas you have sold the icecream dream on

No Maccas can go ahead without an approved DA right?

dirtart

Likes Bikes
Each to their own.

We believe there is a place for commercial bike parks- having worked in this industry for years I can safely say that you will never develop the style, intensity, volume and difficulty of trails in a public setting that we can do privately. To do so we have to charge people to ride there. It’s a choice, and if that isn’t your choice, that’s totally fine!

@beeb you're obviously not familiar with how 97% of NSW riders hit berms! I have drawn the line that will be taken through that corner for your reference. You'll see the piss weak yellow line for most Jerrys, red death line for the hero Jerry skidding it out when they realise they don't know how to turn, and the pussy arse purple arrow to indicate the angle most of their bikes will be on through the corner. (Prediction based on the way almost every berm in my usual riding locations between Newcastle and Sydney has been abused by the Jerry froth crew.)

View attachment 397315

Bring on the froth!!! The more hype the better. This thread needs more pit vipers and dogs.

From me, it's not likely. This has nothing to do with your trail building or the other froth lords that have been involved. There is already a lot of good quality riding in the area that is free. I prefer to support the clubs and (sadly too few) brave government bodies currently providing these and encourage more rather than pay a private enterprise. I also think the location has poor accessibility. From what I know of the area if you aren able to drive there in a car, you aren going to have an easy time of getting there. In an era of attempting to curb our addiction to climate changing behaviour and fuels this seems a bit disingenuous, especially when the area is well serviced by a train network that can deliver riders to a lot of space that could be turned into some awesome riding with a low environmental impact. Of course convincing people that don't ride (and are obviously sad cunts) that a bunch of bike trails in national parks is a good idea is not as easy as building trails.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Care to identify yourself @Dirtdiggling? You seem to have a particularly specific axe to grind...
Just to be clear, this is not me under a second account :D

But I agree, if someone is going to talk this much shite they should really put their name to it. I would suspect former employee or any number of club members.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
We must have missed the bit where we confirmed that we were involved in this project.

We don’t sub contract our trail building, so can only assume you’ve got us confused with someone else.
Hi @dirtart, thanks for getting involved in the discussion. @Dirtdiggling has suggested in the original post that "unofficially" your company or the company that you represent are "on the ground" at Glenworth Valley and further to this photos from what is presumed to be your social media account were posted by @leitch regarding trails at a private bike park within the greater Sydney area. Are you able to confirm that building has recommenced at Glenworth Valley? Thus far this thread has been the very definition of a train wreck, my hope is to be able to restore it's status to slightly derailed and perhaps get some insight to what should surely be a good thing if we are to potentially get more places to ride.