...Getting that Downhill Feeling Back!

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After having a year away from riding Downhill, and bicycles in general, the itch came back. After browsing through hundreds of bikes,
and originally not wanting to spend a lot I came across this Ex-Demo Specialized Demo 8 II for an absolute steal, and well just could not resist.

It was in fantastic condition, and well for the money paid I could not have asked for better. For now everything is standard, except the new Shimano Saint Brakes,
which I highly recommend. Fantastic modulation, heaps of power, and over all offering a very positive feel.

Frame - 2011 Specialized Demo 8 II
Rear shock - Fox RC4
Fork - Rockshox Boxxer World Cup
Handlebars - Specialized Demo Bar
Stem - Funn RSX
Headset - Canecreek
Grips - Odi MX Waffle
Saddle - Specialized
Seatpost - Thompson
Front brake - Shimano Saint 2013
Rear brake - Shimano Saint 2013
Cranks - Truvativ Descendants
Chainguide - Gamut
Chain - Sram
Pedals - Shimano DX
Rear derailleur - Sram X.O
Rear shifter - Sram X.9
Cassette - Sram PG-970
Front hub - Specialized
Rear hub - Specialized
Front rim - DT Swiss F550
Rear rim - DT Swiss F550

Shredden

Knows his goats
The new saints look kinda similar to the old, old saint stuff colour wise. Like a dark brown kinda. Not sure if I like.

Im sure they are the best brakes ever though. Ever.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
lovely dood ... its funny how you lose it, then it comes back.

The ebb and flow makes you appreciate it though ... nice rig to make a return on :madgrin:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lovely dood ... its funny how you lose it, then it comes back.

The ebb and flow makes you appreciate it though ... nice rig to make a return on :madgrin:
Yeh I think its one of those things that just never leaves. Definitely nice to back riding downhill especially on one of these.

Noice, do they have any left? :eyebrows:
Unfortunately was the only one they had left.

Thats a sweet rig to get back into it on.
How do the new saints go?
New Saints are fantastic. It had the standard Avid X.O/Code brakes on it, and I hated the feel, and almost everything about them. The saints blow them out of the water, and by far any other brake I have used. Was well worth the money. Such a positive feeling brake, plenty of modulation and a tonne of power. More than adequate for any track in Brissy. Still properly bedding them in, but so far can not fault them.