Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I've done it before but not in conjunction with mountain biking. Just wondered if one will fatigue the other. I'm not looking for massive muscle gains, just extra strength to alleviate back pain and improve climbing, descending and general endurance on the bike.
Smash out some laps in the pool - I imagine they’re warm enough to swim in all year round up your way. I used to break down a lot with back problems playing cricket in my 20’s (pace bowler) until I started swimming 5-6k a week. It made a huge difference to my lower back stability and the general fitness improvement was a bonus. Not much mass gain either, just toning.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Smash out some laps in the pool - I imagine they’re warm enough to swim in all year round up your way. I used to break down a lot with back problems playing cricket in my 20’s (pace bowler) until I started swimming 5-6k a week. It made a huge difference to my lower back stability and the general fitness improvement was a bonus. Not much mass gain either, just toning.

I've used swimming to recover "fitness" after lengthy periods off due to injury. It's the opposite of fun but the low impact nature of it really helps in those tender stages.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I've used swimming to recover "fitness" after lengthy periods off due to injury. It's the opposite of fun but the low impact nature of it really helps in those tender stages.
i should do that... only kicker is that i cant swim for shit.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
i should do that... only kicker is that i cant swim for shit.
Get adult lessons. I swam a little bit as a teen albeit horribly. Did swim classes as an adult to support the other half and saw a massive improvement. Problem with swimming though is a lot of technique goes out the window and you have to relearn it.

As for weight loss though, forget it. For some reason just flailing around in water seems to bring out outrageous hunger drive in me as it does a lot of other people.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a carb cut out with the missus for the last month. Went from 78 down to 73kgs. Surprised the amount of fat to be lost just from diet alone.
Now just gotta start back into the training :)

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Off the back of xmas/new year I have failed to stop the indulged eating and drinking - to the point I feel bloated. Also went riding with some fitter mates last week and got flogged. I did weigh myself on January 3rd and I was 78kg.

The game plan is the following starting today:-

- No more school night beers (I have been having at least 3 beers every night, almost force of habit);
- And if I do go out for an occasion I'm going to set a limit and stick to it - unfortunately I have some mates with some unhealthy drinking habits and I get sucked in when around them, usually end up feeling rotten the next day. Need to stop;
- Stop eating so much take away, admittedly have been eating too much lately. No reason not to eat from home.

I used to drink alot of soft drink but I haven't had any since late August last year, but I think I'm failing to capitalise on that because of my current habits!

I'm hopeful I can stop feeling bloated if I follow my game plan and hopefully drop a kilo or two. Then it will be time to take it a step further!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Started 2022 at 90kg. Decided, ironically over beers with mates to do a mara. They all bailed, I persisted. It was't pretty, it wasn't fun. But I finished. No cycling fitness does not translate to running. Everything hurts. End the year at 78kg lean af and but lost a bit of upper body muscle. fter the christmas period, back to 82 lol. Still happy with the results.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Started 2022 at 90kg. Decided, ironically over beers with mates to do a mara. They all bailed, I persisted. It was't pretty, it wasn't fun. But I finished. No cycling fitness does not translate to running. Everything hurts. End the year at 78kg lean af and but lost a bit of upper body muscle. fter the christmas period, back to 82 lol. Still happy with the results.
Well done mate.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Off the back of xmas/new year I have failed to stop the indulged eating and drinking - to the point I feel bloated. Also went riding with some fitter mates last week and got flogged. I did weigh myself on January 3rd and I was 78kg.

The game plan is the following starting today:-

- No more school night beers (I have been having at least 3 beers every night, almost force of habit);
- And if I do go out for an occasion I'm going to set a limit and stick to it - unfortunately I have some mates with some unhealthy drinking habits and I get sucked in when around them, usually end up feeling rotten the next day. Need to stop;
- Stop eating so much take away, admittedly have been eating too much lately. No reason not to eat from home.

I used to drink alot of soft drink but I haven't had any since late August last year, but I think I'm failing to capitalise on that because of my current habits!

I'm hopeful I can stop feeling bloated if I follow my game plan and hopefully drop a kilo or two. Then it will be time to take it a step further!
Had a full week off the beers and am still going - actually went out to a few things (dinner at the pub and bday parties) and it actually didn’t bother me not drinking.

I have dropped managed to drop a couple of KG’s but not as planned. My daughter brought home a gastro bug from daycare - boom instant weight loss! Almost 3kg overnight! Not fun though - now to keep it off!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Had a full week off the beers and am still going - actually went out to a few things (dinner at the pub and bday parties) and it actually didn’t bother me not drinking.

I have dropped managed to drop a couple of KG’s but not as planned. My daughter brought home a gastro bug from daycare - boom instant weight loss! Almost 3kg overnight! Not fun though - now to keep it off!
Sorry to break the bad news but 3kg overnight with a stomach bug is going to be dehydration, not a magic blubber cure.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Sorry to break the bad news but 3kg overnight with a stomach bug is going to be dehydration, not a magic blubber cure.
In fairness, stomach bug and not eating for a day is worth about 100-200g of actual weight loss based on just the calorie deficit.